Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that make you go ewwwww...

• 22-08-2007 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭

So what sweeties did you unwittingly bite into, expecting a nice wonderous sugar rush only to find that what you were eating tasted like decomposing flesh, or worse?

I nominate Liquorice. I cant belive that some people actually ENJOY eating this vile chewy beast. Its like eating strips of cold road tar!

Also, those little boxes of chalk flavoured letters you used to get in a little square box were horrible too. I still used to buy them so I could write rude words on the floor though. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Turkish Delight
    Vile vile vile!!!

Chocolate liquers... gross!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I second Turkish Delight.. Work of the devil..
    Liquorish *shudder*
    Those soft nougat bars *vomit*
    Anything coffee flavoured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

marzipan ! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

I dont know if it counts as sweet stuff but Toffee popcorn makes me practically Gag. its just not right.

Turkish delight is the spawn of satan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

/me munches on a box of chalk cigarettes. :)

There used to be those bars called Caramac, disgusting yokes altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Liquorish was the first thing to pop into my head on reading the thread title... It's also a flavour that won't leave you for at least a week.

Those love heart sweets were always pretty vile... and in the those pick'n'mix shops there is a strawberry jelly that is utterly horrible... it's really waxy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Ruu wrote:
    /me munches on a box of chalk cigarettes. :)

There used to be those bars called Caramac, disgusting yokes altogether.

oh yeah. Dirt cheapo choccy and kinda softish caramel flavoured mush?
    I'd still eat it though...

+1 for Marzipan! pure gank!!

Oh, and I love coffee sweets!! Can't get enough! I'm that freak in the extended family that everyone used to keep the coffee Roses for during Christmas. I used to come home from my cousins with bags of them :D

Hate those Colleen sweets. You know the ones that seem like nice chewy toffee, but for some messed up reason, there's coconut shavings in them? Speeeewww!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

orange kitkats are yok.

Niamho! wrote:
    I dont know if it counts as sweet stuff but Toffee popcorn makes me practically Gag. its just not right.

QFT... and those rainbow drop rice yokes.. pass the bucket this way please :o ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

As mentioned earlier, Turkish Delight, Liqourish and also Chococlate Covered Raisans. Damn disguiting. :mad:

Kojak wrote:
    Chococlate Covered Raisans. Damn disguiting. :mad:

:eek: They're class :p

Forgot to mention Bountys... Eeeew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

I tried Hersheys when I was on holiday in New York and thought that the smell and aftertaste was revolting.I would sooner eat the contents of my cat’s litterbox before I would eat another Hershey bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Turkish delight is awesome!!! Especially when you're stoned :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

+2 for marzipan or anything or that ilk.

Most Roses flavours.

White chocolate.

Brazil nuts hiding in chocolates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I amazed so many people dislike marzipan... I love the stuff.... It's only bit of an xmas cake that I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Marzipan.
    Coffee flavoured anything, including coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Liqourice and liqeurs too. Even remembering how to spel them properly is crap.
    Red lickerish is nice tough.

I love turkish delight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I amazed so many people dislike marzipan... I love the stuff.... It's only bit of an xmas cake that I like.

Here as well, mmm so sweet. Icing+marzipan=yum. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Turkish Delight, any american chocolate and marzipan ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

One of the girls i work with went on holidays to Provence and brought back some choccy for the office (as is the custom!). She went to this fancy chocolatier and brought back hand-made chocolate with lavender in them. It was the most disgusting thing I ever tasted. It was like eating soap. I was burping lavender all day...ugh I can still taste it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Someone bought me a tangy chocolate orange at Easter. Twas the most vile thing I've ever tasted. I think quality street are also quite manky.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

I hate quality street apart from those orange ones, they are the best, I love marzipan, turkish delight(esp the frys one!!) and coffee flavoured anything, and liqourice....in amsterdam there was this sweet shop and i swear nearly everthing was liqourice flavour I spent €12 on pick and mix................
    What I do hate is those cream cups, the eastereggs and malloweens...ugh! flumps, anything marshmallow just turns my stomach, and I hate toffee/caramel sweets..... nota big fan of jellies either.... My family think I am weird tho....:confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Black Liquorish.

Turkish delight is lovely. the one in bar form anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

cozmik wrote:
    I tried Hersheys when I was on holiday in New York and thought that the smell and aftertaste was revolting.I would sooner eat the contents of my cat’s litterbox before I would eat another Hershey bar.

When i was in new york i tried a bag of the Hersheys kisses and they tasted nice when you initally bit into them, but after a couple seconds, they tasted similar to vomit.

and Liquorice, Turkish delight, bountys, and Fry's chocolate cream are all horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

Dregon wrote:
    When i was in new york i tried a bag of the Hersheys kisses and they tasted nice when you initally bit into them, but after a couple seconds, they tasted similar to vomit.

and Liquorice, Turkish delight, bountys, and Fry's chocolate cream are all horrible

YES YES!!! They tase very vomitty indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

God theres a whole array of disgusting things out there - Turkish Delight, Frys Mint Creme - YUUUCK, Terrys Chocolate Orange, cheap Jelly Beans and those fake Smarties that usually come in a plastic tube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭Archeron

I'm surprised at all the people who hate those Fry's cream bars. I had one last night, and twas mighty tasty indeed.

Twiglets, now they ARE disgusting. I actually think they were originally intended to be used in pot pourri, but someone started eating them by accident, and everyone else just followed suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Hershys chocolate (american stuff). Gave it to my bro made him vomit lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,465 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Eggs. The idea of them makes me feel sick! That said, I can eat them as an ingredient. eg. cakes!

Advertisement