Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alves..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

holding out for 27million!! for a right back!! He's good and everything, but they should really be told where to go with that kind of demand! Even 21million is ridiculous. His value should be 15mill max, maybe 18for chelsea.

Seville obviously have no intention of losing him unless its for double(ish) his real value. Fair enough i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Everybody is learning from Lyon on how to deal with Chelsea, Kenyon's incredible imcompetence in the transfer market strikes again.

He's no ordinary right back, he can play attacking midfielder and is dynamite going forward. But even so, that price is ridiculous.

Agree with Rebel, Lyon screwed Chelsea when they got Tiago in for 8 mill after sellin Essien for 32mill! Aulas!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

It's gas really.
    Seville have imho an even better right sided player called Navas, so Alves loss would not be so keenly felt. Yet they are holding out for a ludicrous sum. Blatantly obvious they're milking it for all its worth. I honestly thought he could be got for £10 million...how wrong I was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

have to say, as a liverpool fan, i've watched Seville a few fair bit of the last while thinking we'd be signing Alves and everytime i have, i've always been more impressed with Adriano playing at LB!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Belletti off Barca is being linked with Chelsea now. altho now that they have sold Robben they have the funds for Alves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Breaking news on SSN, Chelsea have reached an agreement with Barca for Belletti. I guess we won't be seeing Alves in the Premiership now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Belletti will turn out to be another Ferreira/Geremi/Johnson/Boulahrouz/Essien-style right back, average or worse, and still the weak link in the Chelsea team. Grand!

yeah thats a bit of an odd move. He's great going forward, but not so good defensively..I think id start Fereira ahead of him. Good attacking sub to be able to use though (as Barca always used to do, taking off Oleguer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i dont rate Belleti at all, move makes no sense to me really. imo this must just be an effective "two fingers" to Sevilla.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭cole9

I think that Chelsea are just using Belletti to put pressure on Sevilla to sell Alves. I'm sure that an agreement for Alves will be reached soon

why would they sign two right fulls??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

bellettis 31. im sure he knows he prob wont get played and just wants a lot of money.

why would they sign two right fulls??

Maybe because the 2 they currently have - Ferreira / Johnson - are utter ****e?

so are they on their way out?

I don't have a clue? But, I still expect them to sign Alves because it's total madness the amount of games Essien plays at right back!
    Anyway, it's Chelsea they'd have no problem just leaving Ferreira / Johnson out of the squad.

So you expect them to have Belletti, Alves, Ferrera, Johnson for right back before the end of the window?

Not strike you as excessive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Well done Chelsea .. you have completed the worst signing ever ...

Go Cheap .. you won't regret not signing Alvés when you miss the prem again this year ..
    ..and lose to Liverpool AGAIN in the CL ..

all i can say is .. I'd say Barça are laughing their bollox off ...

So you expect them to have Belletti, Alves, Ferrera, Johnson for right back before the end of the window?

Not strike you as excessive?

Yes it does. Alves can also play right wing and I actually think he's better there.

Alvés deal is over .. he will go to Madrid ...

from The Guardian :
    The Blues have ended their search for a right-back with Barcelona's Juliano Belletti set to sign for £3.75m.

3.75m ... jesus who would ever had said Chelsea were cheap...

• Advertisement

And i would also like to congradulate ... LIVERPOOL on winning this year's league .. I see after the Belleti disaster deal PP have them as favs ...

Chelsea at 100000000-1 to win the league ...

ill have 2 euro's on that jackdaw!

better off buying a lottery ticket mate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I not Alves biggest fan , not a very good defender being a right back thats not a good thing. Going forward with the ball he is unstoppable but his crossing is ****.

Sevilla priced him out of a move for now....... Sevilla have a habit of selling okish players for ludicrous amounts of money then buying in 3 players who are better and being stronger for it.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

KdjaCL wrote:
    I not Alves biggest fan , not a very good defender being a right back thats not a good thing. Going forward with the ball he is unstoppable but his crossing is ****.

Sevilla priced him out of a move for now....... Sevilla have a habit of selling okish players for ludicrous amounts of money then buying in 3 players who are better and being stronger for it.

kdjac

With who else have they done this? Not being cheeky, genuinely curious to know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Archimedes wrote:
    With who else have they done this? Not being cheeky, genuinely curious to know!
    Reyes and Baptista would probablyt be two you could argue the point over. Ramas was another player they sold big, but he is still damned good.

Reyes Baptista Ramos there are more, but more importantly is who they bought in.

Reyes out and Kanoute/Adriano in, best transfer deal ever?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

this is a strange deal alright. he couldn't be considered much better than Ferriera or Johnson. He's not even first choice for Barca yet Chelsea believe he will solve there RB problem. i aint convinced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Sevilla must have raked in over 50m in recent seasons through transfers of Ramos, Reyes, Baptista and now probably Alves.

He's obviously talented, but strange as it may seem, Sevilla have players like Adriano and Jesus Nevas to cover attacking options, as well as Diego Capel, who could make a huge breakthrough this year.

• Advertisement

zabbo wrote:
    Sevilla must have raked in over 50m in recent seasons through transfers of Ramos, Reyes, Baptista and now probably Alves.

He's obviously talented, but strange as it may seem, Sevilla have players like Adriano and Jesus Nevas to cover attacking options, as well as Diego Capel, who could make a huge breakthrough this year.

Without Ramos they would be ****ed, also they dont get much of the la liga tv pie so selling gets them mucho casho.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I think he means Sergio Ramos.

Advertisement