Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blocking a number

• 22-08-2007 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

im just wondering is there anyway i can block a number from calling or txting my fone ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

unfortunately not, a network can only block all numbers from calling you not individual ones, if its not a private number get the guards to investigate it,or you could just change your number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Actually you can (on a Nokia anyway) what you do is enter your contacts into groups and then in your profile click to only accept calls from certain groups....wont stop texts though..bit slow and tedious but it will work..

What model phone have you?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

That will work for calls not texts .

There are third party programs for "blackballing" certain numbers .

As I said
    JohnnieM wrote:
    ..wont stop texts though..
    :)
    Would you have a link to a third party program

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Timmy

Why don't you get a firefly - www.fireflymobile.ie

• Advertisement

That'll do the trick allright (inc no texts at all) ... so long as your under 15 and dont mind been seen with one. . lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

"Many parents are reluctant to give young children mobile phones because they cannot control the calls they receive or make. The Firefly phone is designed to allay these fears and puts you in charge of your little one’s calls."

I don't think there is a phone out there that you can't limit calls on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

bushy... wrote:
    "Many parents are reluctant to give young children mobile phones because they cannot control the calls they receive or make. The Firefly phone is designed to allay these fears and puts you in charge of your little one’s calls."

I don't think there is a phone out there that you can't limit calls on.
    how's that then? if the option to limit calls is on the phone then the kid can just disable the limitations. and i don't think there's a way to disable only certain calls on the network side. and the firefly has an option to only accept calls from numbers in the phone book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Closed user group. Closed user group is a network service that specifies the group of people whom you can call and who can call you. - from nokia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

bushy... wrote:
    Closed user group. Closed user group is a network service that specifies the group of people whom you can call and who can call you. - from nokia
    ah. hadn't heard of that. do you know if the irish networks offer it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Is that not a phone feature ???
    Think I saw it on the Nokia menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I can do that on my SE in the call settings I can manage what calls are accepted i.e. only those from the list I create.

Advertisement