Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you help me out with this squid configuration?

• 22-08-2007 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

I just want to let a few sites through microsoft.com, sony.com and a few others. Can you let me know what I need to change around here?

Thanks a mill. The current config is attached below.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

If you post up your actual squid config, you're more likely to get help.
    That's just a screen grab with a few details in it.
    Still, you'll probably be able to add these in even using that screen.
    A 'dst' list is probably what it describes as "Web Server Address" in the dropdown.
    Add the addresses one by one using the name fewsites

you'll need to set up a new 'acl' - an access control list.
    It'll look something like this: (dst is destination)
    acl fewsites dst microsoft.com
    acl fewsites dst sony.com
    acl fewsites dst few.others.tld

Once that's done, remove the Proxy Restriction for
    Allow all
    and replace it with
    Allow fewsites
    Deny all

Good luck with it,
    NiallB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Instead of using squid itself I'd go with using squidguard or dansguardian.

If your just blocking a few sites then I'd go with squidguard as dansguardian takes a little setting up and is fairly natsy in its ways.

If your using debian/ubuntu just apt-get install squidguard, for configuring man squidguard should give you some info.

Advertisement