Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car colour for scratches

Options
  • 22-08-2007 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hey, does anyone know where in my car the specific colour or colour code would be? I need to get some scratch repair markers but there are several shades of grey listed from halfords. It's a silver 99 ford fiesta if that helps.
    Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

eire1 wrote:
    Hey, does anyone know where in my car the specific colour or colour code would be? I need to get some scratch repair markers but there are several shades of grey listed from halfords. It's a silver 99 ford fiesta if that helps.
    Cheers :)

I'm not sure where the code is on the car, but you can get an original Ford touch-up paint and lacquer set in any ford dealers. I believe the metallic silver on the Ford Fiesta is called 'Moondust Silver'. The paint/lacquer set is about €8 in a ford dealer, quite reasonable. I used Ashley Motors.

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Cheers for that!
    Do I just go in and ask for some touch up paint yeah?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Halfords usually have booklets out around the paint repair sections, you should be able to look up your car in it and it will tell you what colour you need.

A ford dealer like dcGT said can probably get you a better match though.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

eire1 wrote:
    Cheers for that!
    Do I just go in and ask for some touch up paint yeah?

Yep, simple as that. In fact, the ford dealer should be able to tell the paint code from the car registration, so you shouldn't need the exact paint code. Give them a call and ask before you head down, they might have to order the paint in.

DC.

Advertisement