Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Denmark vs Ireland

• 22-08-2007 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any interest in this?

Probable starting lineup according to Sky Sports:

Henderson,
    Carr, O'Shea, Dunne, Kelly
    Finnan, Kilbane. Reid, Hunt,
    Doyle, Keane

K.O. 7pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Yup looking forward to it. Always like to watch the boys in green, got the jersey on all day.
    Probable line up in my opinion.
    Henderson
    Finnan O'Shea Dunne Kelly
    McGeady Kilbane Reid Hunt
    Doyle Keane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

CiaranC wrote:
    Has anyone any interest in this?
    :D

I started a thread last week about it, there were more replies asking why I started it than about the squad/match itself.

Meaningless friendly tbh.

Altohugh I'm sure there are people here who can argue differently.

I'll be watching England Germany anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

DesF wrote:

A match away from home in a small stadium with a largely full strength squad against a team with alot to prove (due to the Sweden points incident) but who are no world beaters, all 3 odd weeks before a qualifier in a similiar environment is meaningless and not worthy of viewing? :confused:

Boylesports are offering 10 euro-410 back if Robbie scores and the game ends 1-0. Tempted.....

Word i heard is Doyle is starting in goal.

While ive no idea why you are watching England Germany instead (though i think we kick off at 7, should be over by 8:45 anyway) the Germans have a rash of injuries we couldve done with in our match with them :(

shane86 wrote:
    While ive no idea why you are watching England Germany
    I have an obsession with English football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There's always a match that matters - Norn Iron - Litchenstein.

Should be a cracker ahem.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Actually, I don't have Sky in my apartment.

Is the NI match on BBC2NI?

Or Sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm tempted to watch the England game too, although I might watch it to see how Keane and Doyle do together.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Why watch the England game when it is equally as pointless as the Irish game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Good grief, boards should just go ahead and rename this forum 'English Soccer'. Im off to foot.ie, enjoy talking about Heinze and Martin Jol.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

DesF wrote:

How is the Ireland game a meaningless friendly, but you're going to watch the England game which is also a meaningless friendly? :confused:

Can't believe Irish people would watch England over their own country, friendly or not. Unless, of course, you are not Irish. ;)

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote:
    Why watch the England game when it is equally as pointless as the Irish game?
    PauloMN wrote:
    How is the Ireland game a meaningless friendly, but you're going to watch the England game which is also a meaningless friendly? :confused:
    I have an obsession with English football, I already said that.
    PauloMN wrote:
    Can't believe Irish people would watch England over their own country, friendly or not. Unless, of course, you are not Irish. ;)
    Nope, as Irish as they come, Dublin born and reared, spent me younger summer days on a farm in Kerry. I even milked a cow with my hands once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

this thread is hilarious, just waiting for Des to explode into a rant about Irish football! :)

be flicking between both games...mainly to see how Agger,Finnan,Gerrard get on though

this thread is hilarious, just waiting for Des to explode into a rant about Irish football! :)
    Are you trying to get a reaction out of me?;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

DesF wrote:
    I have an obsession with English football, I already said that.

I think everyone on here does, unless you are specifically referring to English international football rather than English league football in general.

How come the obsession with England? It's not like they're any better than we are.... :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

heh, ive suddenly remembered previous postings from DesF on this topic ;)

be flicking between both games...mainly to see how Agger,Finnan,Gerrard get on though

Gerrard ain't playing, is he?

PauloMN wrote:
    I think everyone on here does
    Oh do you indeed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Title of the thread slowly but surely slipping away :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm not off work til seven so I'm going to try and catch the second half in the pub.

Rockee wrote:
    Title of the thread slowly but surely slipping away :D

Indeed it is. Back on topic, I think we'll hump them. Denmark that is, I'll be watching IRELAND. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Team news:

Henderson
    Carr Dunne O'Shea Finnan
    Mcgeady Potter Reid Hunt
    Doyle Keane

Very attacking team, looking forward to the game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

man, im stuck in work for this!! only link i can find is a TVUPLayer one and i cant get that software to work. anyone know any others? have me jersey on here in work! im probably one of the few people that actually are interested in all Ireland matches, regardless of how bad we're currently doing. Just a shame i cant watch me sky sports from home in work here! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I like that team.

Barring McShane for O'Shea, thats the back four I'd like to see starting.

Otherwise, Potter's US displays certainly merit him a place - he wasone of the better players. Great to see Hunt starting. McGeady and Reid have it all to do if they want to push for starting positions and the front line picks itself.

I might have put Murphy in on the wing somewhere, but otherwise the best 11 from the players available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

the TVU stream is unwatchable for me, don't even bother trying to get it to work. guess i'll just look for a stream for the engerland match and resign myself to watching the highlights. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Ronnie Whelan on co-commentary:
    "This is like a friendly match"

BTW, what channel is England on?
    I see Wales and Scotland on Sky Sp1, and Norn Iron on BBC1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

the TVU stream is unwatchable for me, don't even bother trying to get it to work. guess i'll just look for a stream for the engerland match and resign myself to watching the highlights. :mad:

You're not missing much so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Ronnie Whelan on co-commentary:
    "This is like a friendly match"

BTW, what channel is England on?
    I see Wales and Scotland on Sky Sp1, and Norn Iron on BBC1

i think its on the english BBC1 channels, but of course we dont get that.

0-1 Keane! :D Nice finish, not sure about the keeper though!

Keane puts us 1-0 up

anyone waiting for the highlights?

• Advertisement

i think its on the english BBC1 channels, but of course we dont get that.
    You can tune them on a Sky Box, with a quick Google.

It doesn't matter Mr.M

The poster before you isn't so thoughtful.

DesF wrote:
    You can tune them on a Sky Box, with a quick Google.

It doesn't matter Mr.M

The poster before you isn't so thoughtful.
    Apologies, I would have thought anyone looking through this thread would surely expect the score to be mentioned at some point. Anyways Ive spoilers up now.

Apologies, I would have thought anyone looking through this thread would surely expect the score to be mentioned at some point. Anyways Ive spoilers up now.

I think from this post on you'll be safe enough.

LMAO. You may want to remove that smiley; bit of a give away ;) Smilies don't work so well under spoilers.

Whoot, 2-0 Ireland. Keane again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The1337_Stephen

Wow, suprised to see our defense holding up so well, apart from the one scare, and Keanes really looking on form, also surprisingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Denmark are fairly crap.

kdjac

• Advertisement

FFS lads, I'm waiting on the highlights.:rolleyes:

I'm watching the England game, did no-one read my posts?

Whoot, 2-0 Ireland. Keane again
    Magice cross-field ball by Andy Reid, and a very good cross by McGeady

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

And thats 4-0! Long scores again. Great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Good to see so many new players coming through the ranks these days. There seems to be alot of Irish players in the top 2 divisions in England these days.

DesF wrote:
    FFS lads, I'm waiting on the highlights.:rolleyes:

I'm watching the England game, did no-one read my posts?

In fairness Des you were checking in to a Denmark vs Ireland thread while the game was going on. I don't really know what you expected to see. Hopefully the highlights weren't totally ruined for you.

Crap opposition or not it was a good result away from home. More power to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Denmark were fairly poor last night but hopefully this has given Ireland a confidence boost for the qualifiers.

Good to see the young lads doing well. Gives us more options.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good performance but I think the Danes were terrible. I thought Andy Reid did well in the centre and it's great to see so many young players coming through and doing well.

Major confidence booster ahead of the two qualifiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Agreed, Danes were pretty poor and it was only a friendly.

But still, to be scoring 4 goals away from home (and the strikers scoring at that) against a traditionally decent euro team is no mean feat. Hopefully, it bodes well for Sept.

Pigman II wrote:
    I'd be happy to see fat-boy kept in the team as long as Potter is alongside him. They looked a useful pair yesterday.
    But they wouldnt be "competitive" enough against a decent team. Need someone in there like Carsley to kick some ankles.

If finnan plays left back against the Slovaks or Czechs I'm gonna burn down the FAI HQ.

Des, you with me?! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

who would you play left back ahead of him? Yes, he is much better at right back, but still....

But they wouldnt be "competitive" enough against a decent team. Need someone in there like Carsley to kick some ankles.
    Ok maybe Reid isn't the best tackler in the business but there's no doubt that Potter can Harry.

Kilbane who is playing there for Wigan or O'Shea

Tauren wrote:
    who would you play left back ahead of him? Yes, he is much better at right back, but still....
    Ian Harte?
    Thought Stephen Carr had another poor game last night. Its baffling how meek and one paced hes become.

• Advertisement
Advertisement