Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance from City Centre to UCD

Options
  • 22-08-2007 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to travel from City Centre to UCD by bus?

And what's the nearest Luas stop to UCD?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

asdfghjkl! wrote:
    Can anyone tell me how long it takes to travel from City Centre to UCD by bus?

And what's the nearest Luas stop to UCD?

Thanks

It's normally about a 20 - 30 minute trip from the city centre to UCD, sometimes more depending on traffic. The nearest Luas stop would be Windy Arbour, but it's not that close. It would still be about a 15/20 minute walk from there to UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Flume

At the very least a half an hour.Thats hoping for good traffic.A more realistic time is 40/45 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

It can take a good long time by 10 or 46A from the city centre because they get snarled in traffic until the bus crosses the canal. After that, it's bus lanes all the way so not too bad.

One option might be to keep a rough old bike at the Luas stop at take that the rest of the way (about a 5min cycle down bird avenue to clonskeagh road) or just cycle from town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dontdoit

Live right beside Windy Arbour, its 8min bike, takes bout 25 to walk...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

dontdoit wrote:
    Live right beside Windy Arbour, its 8min bike, takes bout 25 to walk...

How does it take you that long? Do you go around a really long way or something? It takes me less than 5 mins on bike and 15 minutes walk from the windy arbour luas station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Tayto2000 wrote:
    or just cycle from town.

How long would would that take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dontdoit

Mayb uve longer legs?!!:D Ah its probly cause im goin to far side of campus, yeah just 15 to hit d gates n allow another 10 to make it into lab/class, ur right 15 to campus sorry bout that...

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

How long would would that take?

Realistically? About 30mins depending on route, bike and fitness. It's an OK ride though, I used to go to Ranelagh then up towards Clonskeagh and in at the Richview gate. Mostly flat except the dip for the river after Ranelagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

It's a 20-25 min walk from Sydney Parade dart station to a science lecture. Maybe add ten min for business and more for law.

Advertisement