Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eligible for free fee's ?

Options
  • 22-08-2007 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi everyone,
    Have been looking on the internet but can't find anything about it here's the situation....

leaving cert 1998 went straight into a course i hated so left before the end of first year, went straight into another course the next year and paid full fee's the first year second year got free fee's again but half way through second family circumstances forced me to leave again anyhow

i'm due to start in september and am now worried about having to pay full fee's i rang up and it's been over five years, etc so should be normal fee's, anyone been in the same situation & could they shed some light

thanks

Comments

Off the top of my head, I don't know. I know that if you apply for a grant and it's been over 5 years since you left the course which you didn't complete, the you would be re-eligible for a grant, and that the grant pays for your lecture fees, so I'd assume that by this round-a-bout way of thinking, you'd be ok.

But the best people to talk to would be the Dept. of Education themselves, or else the Student Support Unit who were set up by the Dept.

The Student Support Unit
    Department of Education and Science
    Portlaoise Road
    Tullamore
    Offaly
    Ireland
    +353 (0)57 9321363 or +353 (0)1 8734700
    StudentSupportUnit-Tullamore@education.gov.ie

Advertisement