Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration Pack

• 22-08-2007 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

Has anyone received their registration pack yet? It should have come today right?:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Flume

Do second years get a nice little pack aswell?With a little journal etc?That would be nice!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭glenn3ie

How much is regestration fee this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Inglorious

glenn3ie wrote:
    €928.50. €103.50 for Local Authority grant holders.

Inglorious wrote:
    €928.50. €103.50 for Local Authority grant holders.

Thank you... just out of interest what are the requirements for local authority grant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Flume wrote:
    Do second years get a nice little pack aswell?With a little journal etc?That would be nice!:o

No, you'll have to find a journal floating around tthe university, they're supposed to give them out with student cards to continuing students, but I always ended up fishing one out of a pile where they'd been left carelessly unattended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

ya, I got my reg pack today...some good stuff in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

yeah, a friend of mine heading to first year got his today - prob the post office taking too long to get to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got mine today....Calvin Harris(or maybe Dirty Sanchez) was the best thing about it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Tax relief may be claimed on certain tuition fees. See www.Revenue.ie for criteria.

Please enter the following details for the person paying tuition so that these may be forwarded by UCD to Revenue.

Full Name:
    PPS Number:

Do I put in my dad's name or my own??:o

• Advertisement

Do I put in my dad's name or my own??:o

Please enter the following details for the person paying tuition so that these may be forwarded by UCD to Revenue.

There's a clue there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

it's good stuff alright!

but one thing i found amusing is on one page it recommends orange juice instead of coffee, coffee &sugar wont keep you going etc, and on the next page there's a great big cup of coffee ... but i like it cause i smiled at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

fuck that, the only good thing about UCD is the coffee and even that tastes like shite!

seriously though, welcome to UCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Grimes wrote:
    fuck that, the only good thing about UCD is the coffee and even that tastes like shite!

seriously though, welcome to UCD.

The coffee from the machine in the science hub shop is the nicest I've ever had in Ireland. People have a thing against machines, but machines have thermostats and don't burn your coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

yeah 911 have a thing for nuking the milk. They probably went to UCD and took a modularised coffee making course. Ive taken nicely to the 60c coffee in the arts block machines. Again its much nicer than anything else served on campus.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The SU shop have a nice machine that actually grinds the coffee and makes it on the spot - think it's about a euro. Much better and cleaner than some of those vending machines. If you saw the inside of them you'd never use one again :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fiona_bob

I just gave up on drinking coffee on campus, I have to say the stuff in 911 tastes like death!! Though if you're going to I think O' Briens in the health science building is the best, once you're willing to queue for a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I got my Graduate Registration pack today, welcoming me to UCD and giving me lots of leaflets, I never left though so it all feels a bit redundant.
    And it had no info on when I'm actually starting or anything about my course. Secretary of the department told me everything I'd need would be in the pack, except of course, any info on what I'm doing.
    Gotta love UCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

what course are you doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

MA in Art History.

I assume I'm back on the 11th. As far as I know we're in Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I only know this because I rang. No idea what I'm actually showing up to on the Tue.
    When I called she told me I'd have all the info in my Grad pack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Still waiting on my pack.....

I got my Graduate Registration pack today, welcoming me to UCD and giving me lots of leaflets, I never left though so it all feels a bit redundant.
    And it had no info on when I'm actually starting or anything about my course. Secretary of the department told me everything I'd need would be in the pack, except of course, any info on what I'm doing.
    Gotta love UCD.

Same (although the lovely secretary in my dept emailed us all a week ago to tell us when we were starting).

I'm already annoyed by the bit on the letter that says "To login [to ucdconnect] your username is your student number and your password is your date of birth". For students who are coming straight from a degree in ucd that isn't the case. Would it have killed them to have a separate template? They could also have saved some money (and trees) by forgoing a lot of the glossy pamphlets.

*heavy sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Sean_K wrote:
    Still waiting on my pack.....

Mine came on wednesday. maybe you should ring up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

It's probably lost in the post, as soon as the CAO notify UCD of who they've offered places too they get them in the post.

I was a round three offer to UCD and got my UCD registration pack the same day I got my CAO offer.

Ring UCD, although in saying that I rang them before about my registration and was told all the wrong things, and that was by the deputy head of admissions.....

Advertisement