Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks to Leaving Cert Boards Thread

Options
  • 22-08-2007 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to say thanks for everyones help here throughout the year especially around the mocks and the dreaded exams themselves!

Since the majority of us are heading to 3rd level soon enough we probally won't be on these boards for much longer:(.......

So thanks and goodbye....for now!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

Hey i am just on boards a while and I find this thread v.useful. I am going into fifth and Im glad i found it. Why does the thread topics go back a certain amount. Do they get deleted after a while ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If you scroll down to the very bottom of the page you will see a dropdown box where you can select how long you want the threads to be displayed for. The default is 30 days but you can set it to "The Beginning" if you'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Is this the changing or the guard thread where all of us whom have now completed the LC for good say fareweel to this board at least as an LC student and into the realm of being finished with this board or stay on as a assisstant to the new crowd of hopeful LC students? Or should we make a proper thread for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

From memory last year, there's a hazy period in September, but by October it's no longer about us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

obl wrote:
    From memory last year, there's a hazy period in September, but by October it's no longer about us.

Except for the unfortunate repeaters. Lets have a moments silence for them.

[insert silence here]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Except for the unfortunate repeaters. Lets have a moments silence for them.

[insert silence here]

*after applauding the moments silence* I don't think I could repeat even if I had to. It's not the stress, it's the fact that once again I would have friends going into college leaving me with all the mundane school and subjects I don't like crap.(Those who didn't do TY already have done this to me:D ). I'm sure you know the feeling I'm talking about-if you've done TY you probably have been living with it for a year now! Apart from that 6th year is so drawn out and talked up that you can't wait for it to end as it's so boring.......that killed me the most.

NEVER AGAIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

So yeah, kudos and snaps for all of us that did so well this year and are now heading for third level, and more importantly a new chapter of our lives!
    *Dashes sentimental tear from eyes* - no more sodding parents to answer to!

But it was great getting to know all the other leaving certs around the country going through all the same stuff, from bleeding each other dry for Pres tips, (hah pres! seems so juvenile now!) to the final exam post mortems and the all important results. For those of you going back to have a second crack at the LC good luck and godspeed, hope it all works out for yee. Its been good guys, hope to see some of yee in UL this September!!

That is all for now.

Advertisement