Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ergonomic mouse

Options
  • 22-08-2007 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭

I'm getting a sore wrist (RSI) from my mouse, and I'm looking into buying an ergonomic version. I'm thinking of either an upright version or the microsoft 'natural' mouse.
    Any recommendations? The cheaper the better... budget is tight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Before doing anything else, is this work related? Any company I've worked in have taken RSI complaints very seriously and as a result will organise equipment replacements etc. That will alleviate budget constraints. :)
    If it's not work-related I would check your posture to ensure your wrist and hand are at the correct angle to the table. There are wrist-stretching exercises you can do as well. Sorry I don't have any links to give you right now.
    With regard to hardware, I use a Razer gaming mouse with the sensitivity set very high. That way I hardly have to move my hand to get the pointer flying around the screen. I've never used either of the products you're referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭fits

Yes it is, at least education related (research postgrad writing up a thesis) but as I'm sitting in a condemned building belonging to one of our institutions, directly underneath a 15 foot high broken window I dont think I'll have any luck with that...
    Oh... the room was hoovered for the first time in six months last week as well...

I've changed my position today, raised the monitor and seat and have a support for my wrist when using the mouse. Still fancy changing the mouse, but I'll have a tinker around with mouse sensitivity..

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rabid50

Get it cured. They may tell you it is Carpal Tunnel "syndrome" then tell you that the pain has to go away before they operate - one cut on the wrist. This usually gets them off the pension! The original Carpal Tunnel is when the fingers curl up and will not straighten - they each have to be operated on separately. If you have tenosenovitis it can be cured with Orudis - predominantly for arthritis but also for other conditions as directed by the Doctor. I did not get arthritis pain but did get cured. I had to leave my job with intermittent paralysis in both hands and spent 4 years trying to get the cure. That was in 1994 and it has never come back. Good luck.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Zombie thread closed. Also medical advice cannot be discussed or provided on boards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement