Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you call this thing?

Options
  • 22-08-2007 3:59pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know what they call it in Norway, but not in English and where can I get one?

1188431012.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

Over here we would call them a handline or hand jig.

Most coastal town hardware stores should have them.

Invariably they are plastic and I have never seen one in Ireland finished off in the above timber.

In my opinion they always seemed to be the poor mans version of a rod.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭irishthump

Yeah, hardly a rod is it?!:D

All they're good for really is for catching mackerel for bait, otherwise it's crane driving rather than fishing.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Thanks very much for the reply, I'm off to find a coastal town hardware store :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

are they legal , i know they wouldnt be in freshwater....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

they are out of the question on a fresh water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

adonis wrote:
    they are out of the question on a fresh water

As the man says - completely illegal in any fresh water. Only allowed method is rod and line.

Imagine the damage you'd do to a pike/perch/salmon of any size trying to bank it with that method, (and probably your hand too.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭padolicious

i know that they are great for crab fishing off pears with a bit
    of a limpet!!

Advertisement