Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student account can I start a new one?

Options
  • 22-08-2007 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

I already have a student account as I did a post graduate last year, I'm starting another one in september . can I close my current student account and then get a new one with all the perks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

My guess is that they'll associate you with the previous account when they try to process you for the new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,496 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The main perk is no fees and it doesn't matter when u set up the a/c as long as ur a student now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Also bear in mind, if you close the account and have any existing bank cards (which you have already paid stamp duty on for this year) you will probably have to pay an extra lot of stamp duty on any newly issued ATM/Laser cards (up to €20 per card). A small cost, but might be worth bearing in mind if you're only going to be getting some free phone credit and a fancy pen ;)

Advertisement