Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will my laptop run crysis?

Options
  • 22-08-2007 4:35pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey
    I have a dell xps m1710,got it last december!I plan on getting crysis but I dont know if my laptop is powerful enough to handle so I was wondering if someone here could advise me on it

my specs are
    windows xp 32 bit
    core 2 duo @2.16
    120 gig harddrive
    1gig ram
    nividia gforce 7950gtx graphics card 512mb

any advice would be great thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

http://www.crysis-online.com/Information/System%20Requirements/

I'm not a betting man, but I'd be almost certain it'll run on that machine!

(Of course, it won't have everything set anywhere near the max settings..)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

i'll have to have it on low settings?is that what your saying?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

oh jesus from reading that link above i dunno if my machine can handle it after all :(

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

It will run it no problem at all, not max settings but very decent settings...

and you are way above the minimum specs and slightly above the recommended specs.... Why do you think it wouldnt handle it after reading the link? :/

But another 512mb or gig of ram would be a good upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

And now's the ideal time to buy RAM - its very cheap at the moment. About one third of the price it was when I bought 2 GB last year :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

nobody knows, but yeah it most likely will. The 7950GTX(2?) is still more powerful than some current DX10 cards.

But it all depends on how well optimized it is. Take Bioshock for example, its a current gen game but it still runs good on last gen hardware due to how well optimized it is (a lot like HL2, which can run on pretty much anything) If the same standards are met with Crysis (i.e. that it fully utilizes the RAM, CPU and GFX) then your PC will be more than enough.

A cheap upgrade could be to get 2GB of RAM (don't just buy another gig as they probably won't run in dual channel if they aren't matched) and then to give your c2d a mild overclock to 2.6Ghz or there abouts.

L31mr0d wrote:
    nobody knows, but yeah it most likely will. The 7950GTX(2?) is still more powerful than some current DX10 cards.

But it all depends on how well optimized it is. Take Bioshock for example, its a current gen game but it still runs good on last gen hardware due to how well optimized it is (a lot like HL2, which can run on pretty much anything) If the same standards are met with Crysis (i.e. that it fully utilizes the RAM, CPU and GFX) then your PC will be more than enough.

A cheap upgrade could be to get 2GB of RAM (don't just buy another gig as they probably won't run in dual channel if they aren't matched) and then to give your c2d a mild overclock to 2.6Ghz or there abouts.

No i just have the 7950gtx and its a laptop i have and i dont know how to overclock :P Thanks for the help though :)

conzymaher wrote:
    It will run it no problem at all, not max settings but very decent settings...

and you are way above the minimum specs and slightly above the recommended specs.... Why do you think it wouldnt handle it after reading the link? :/

But another 512mb or gig of ram would be a good upgrade

and thank you to ofor your help guess i'll just have to wait till november,when crysis is out,and hope to god it does work and hope my system can cope with it and theres no lag,by then my laptop will be nearly a yr old though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i have a 3g pentium 4, 1.5 gb of ram,windows vista and a radeon 9800, card,been a while since i upgraded my machine last one was solely for far cry and hl2, hope it runs,should do on lower settings,whats a decent graphics card even cost these days i havent played and pc games since half life 2

well one things for sure anyway,you'll definitely need to upgrade your graphics card,the one you have is ancient........I think :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

arse, although my mate has a card thats barely a year old and hes in the process of building a new machines,might ask him to sell it to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Don't dis the 9800, it's a legend. Flippin' great card, still going strong after many years. (Although it's starting to show it's age :p)

{EDIT} Just in-case I mislead you, it's not good enough to run Crysis the way you would want to run Crysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Don't dis the 9800, it's a legend. Flippin' great card, still going strong after many years. (Although it's starting to show it's age :p)

{EDIT} Just in-case I mislead you, it's not good enough to run Crysis the way you would want to run Crysis.

I loved the 9800 i had in my laptop, i could play Farcry, Dawn of War, Rome Total War and HL2, on nearly max settings without any problems.... albeit its somewhat dated now, but it was a cracker of a card.

thats lovely..............anyway back on topic please :p;)

Advertisement