Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part Time Jobs for Students?

Options
  • 22-08-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hey all, me again. So Il be coming up to UL in Sept and I think I need to get a part time job to sort my cashflow problems.

So does anyone know of anything going or of places that have flexible hours and are open to hiring students?

Cheers in advance, will consider anything btw!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Dell ;)

There recruiting again atm, i wanted a job from them at the start of the summer but i applyed too late, they rang me the other day wanting me to come in for an interview but i couldnt go as im going to Dublin for college in a few weeks, try giving them a ring.

The work apparently is boring and monotonus but it pays well.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Are special qualifications needed or is it sort of human robot job?

BTW people keep em coming, Il consider everything in the next few weeks but as a guide myabe some kind of shop work? Ive plenty of experience with that

Cheers for anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Mackleton wrote:
    Are special qualifications needed or is it sort of human robot job?

Nope .....

On-Site training will fix you up ..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

There's Dunnes Stores on Childers road and lots of other shops in that area too, so any of those might be looking for people. There's also the storm cinema and a couple of hotels (Kilmurry Lodge and Castletroy Park) that might be looking for people either.

Cool, someone on the UL board suggested the cinema as well but I would need something with flexible hours for college and Saturdays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

I think I saw a notice in Dunnes at the Jetland - that they were recruiting at the moment - it's 24 hours - so it could well be for overnight packers or some such..

You could try the soon to be open Tesco at Coonagh Cross - had a leaflet shoved through the door the other day advertising jobs... think they have a recruitment address c/o The Greenhills Hotel - I'll see if I can dig it out when I get home..

But.. both of these are on the opposite side of the city to UL - so perhaps they won't suit :)

Well I have a car so as long as its not ages away I wouldnt mind, its just something in the castletroy area would be convenient. The cinema sounds interesting, anyone know any more about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

If you can't work on Sats. then rule Dell out.

Sorry, I probably wrote that incorrectly I meant for some weekday evenings and Saturdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I worked in Dunnes Parkway for 2 years (night pack). Best craic ever. Dunno what its like now (a lot of foreign workers).

You'd work Wednesday to Friday (Wednesday and Thursday you could be there till 3 in the morning, then go to sleep, up again at 8 for college), then Saturday and Sunday during the day.

One other thing, you were saying that you would apply in a few weeks? I would suggest that you start applying now.

There are about 15,000 students in UL you know. You are not the only one looking for a convenient part-time job.

• Advertisement

Ya that occurred to me last night so I emailed and posted a few CV's today. Im not sure that those kind of hours would work I mean I dont want to kill myself, I have to put college first

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

It's a real pain, I'm trying to find something too but I dunno where 'cause I would like some time off too and don't want to be wrecked during the week. It's my final year of my degree course like!

Thats exactly wat Im looking for as well but their pretty thin on the ground, I need time to see wat my courseis like but if I hang around they'll all be gone!
    Its a pain alright

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

Storm Cinemas are generally pretty cool with regard to timetabling and things, and from what friends who've worked there have said, it's a decent place to work, good craic as well.
    Drawback would be that you get paid monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

dave_t wrote:
    It's a real pain, I'm trying to find something too but I dunno where 'cause I would like some time off too and don't want to be wrecked during the week. It's my final year of my degree course like!

I quit my job after 3 years on decent money because the ****tiness about time off just wasn't worth it anymore. Don't take a job just because it's a job, take it if it suits

Hey all, so yeah I need to ressurrect this thread (apologies mods) because Im still no further in my search and any new leads would be great!
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hugh_jass_ie

Ive heard Aldi are taking on part-time workers at 10.40 an hour in Castletroy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Apply in all shops in the crescent. Do it this week they are all hiring with the season starting and all. i have gotten 2 call backs already and i dropped in my CV's on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

the brazen head on o connell st next to bentleys. i worked there for a wile and i loved it.

Advertisement