Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sat Nav & Speed Camera locator?

Options
  • 22-08-2007 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any sat-nav systems out there have a function to alert you of up coming speed cameras, in ROI?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I haven't heard of one. The problem here, I think, is that most of the speed traps are mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

The Garmin Nuvi here says it 'includes a preloaded safety camera database (excludes Germany, Austria and Switzerland). New regions are continually being added as data becomes available. See http://my.garmin.com for coverage information.'

I take they mean tax, I mean speed cameras when they say safety cameras.

I can't find the coverage info on the garmin site tho. Can't tell if ROI is covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I bought a Garmin 660 in May, it has camera alerts for the UK and France, but not for ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Try the GPS forum, here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Cool. I'll go badger them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Does anyone know of any sat-nav systems out there have a function to alert you of up coming speed cameras, in ROI?

We will be making a download of speed trap locations available which you can upload onto your GPS device. This should be available by end of September. Check out www.irishspeedtraps.com and sign up for the mailing list to be notified when it's ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

My Garmin Zumo has cameras for Ireland. Supplied by cyclops if I remember correctly.

MrP

Advertisement