Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on timing my upgrade

Options
  • 22-08-2007 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

OK current spec:
    Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
    AMD fx-57
    MSI K8n Diamond
    XFX 7800 GTX
    2gb Corsair XMS RAM
    Raptor 10k rpm 150gb
    Raptor 10k rpm 74gb
    WD 7200rpm 160gb
    SB X-fi Fatal1ty

I am feeling the pinch in games now, but I want to time my purchases. I did well the last time. (ie I bought the old 5800 ultra way way back -BAD timing!)
    When is the 9800 GTX etc out?
    I like the sound of the quad-core intel's.
    Ram and motherboard are likely to be needed too.

Basically I want to play crysis and bioshock. I dont mind playing them for a short time on my current sys if they are playable. But I will want to upgrade in the most efficient manner to the top tier, most future compatible models.

I'm currently living in Asia and about to head home. Singapore is nearby and rather cheap for upgrading parts. Thats one factor in timing.
    If not I'll be able to buy in the US once I'm home.

Any suggestions or ideas at this stage? I havent been keeping track of whats coming soon so thats really what I'd be interested in!

Advertisement