Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lost family

Options
  • 22-08-2007 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

should i try to find a brother who was adopted

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If it bothers you a lot, perhaps yes. But discuss the ramifications with your family first. Make sure they know what you are doing and are happy for you to go ahead, it doesnt just concern you. I would also talk to people involved in the adoption process about what may or may not happen if you do start a search, so you know before you begin what it will entail, how long it will take, and what to be prepared for, such as your brother not wanting contact with you. Its a huge step to take, youll need to be well informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

boards.ie has also an adoption forum.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=879

You may find some good advice and information there.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MaryMagdalene

I agree discuss with your family but if you know about him then I assume that it is spoken about within the family.

www.adoptionireland.com - have a register you can post to or check if he has posted on.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Advertisement