Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone sell hoover bags anymore?

Options
  • 22-08-2007 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

I've been around a few places in the city centre looking to get hoover bags but to no avail. Does anyone know of anywhere that does sell them? My carpets are crying out for a cleaning.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hmmm...that's the sort of thing good old downstairs in Roches used to be good for.
    I think Power City do bags, though they are not city centre.
    Best option might be online, wiht an outfit like these:
    http://www.vacuumcleanerbags.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Thanks Spurious. I was lamenting the lack of Roches Stores alright.

Can't believe I have to buy online to get feckin' hoover bags. What has the world come to?

Maybe if I scout around a bit I might find somewhere I could download them for free! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I had a similiar issue recently (damn the loss of Roches Stores!) and was told that there's an outlet on Parnell Street somewhere that does them. Opening hours are something like 9-5 Monday-Friday. I think it's Parnell Street lower (eh the one that Cineworld's not on). Can't recall the name but the Debenhams guy directed me there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

tesco sell hoover bags and do a few of the big brands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

2nd floor in Arnotts sell some hoover bags. I tend to get mine in bulk in Power City though, so I never really had a good look at their selection..

K.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. Might head up to Arnotts after work this evening and try and get some.

I am very excited about getting hoover bags. My life is so sad. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

haven't used bags for my Nilfisk in about 10 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Do most hoovers not need bags anymore? :confused:

Sorry, i have seldom if ever used a hoover, the noise of it wrecks my head, i just remember the oul one buying bags for them back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What part of Dublin are you in?

I'm sure the shop called Mastercare on the Howth Road, opposite the Beechcomber pub sells them still.

That's on the Northside, in Clontarf/Killester.

Most hoovers probably don't use bags these days but the one in our house is old school.

I'm in city centre Des so don't really fancy having to traipse too far to get them. I think Arnotts will be a good bet - will try this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Tesco basement Jervis Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

Shop on Parnel Square , just up from the Ierne and teachers club, opposite side of street to Garden of Remembrance, but Powercity has best selection if you collct them as a hobby!!... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You local hardware shop is likely to have a stock of the more popular ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Power city has a range but you have to know what you need and often are best of buying a gernic that will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

woodies do lots of them

(look at me, dedicated ex-employee)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

In 2010 are people still selling hoover bags? Arnotts have been mentioned but the post are 3 years old noe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Electrical shops will, large supermarkets probably will ( i know tesco used to) and the internet definitely does: http://www.dustbag.co.uk/ is a site i've used before and had no trouble with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Now here's a thread I didn't expect to be resurrected!
    Power City sell hoover bags.

Cheers, indeed it's an odd request but moved into a house and it's got an ancient hoover and have no intention of buying a new one just now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Given that you're in Clontarf ..

.. Mastercare in Killester is your only man. The bags may be generic, but they work.

Across the road from SuperValu - at the junction with Collins Avenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

Great I've been looking for a new bag for what must be oldest hoover in the world as far as I can tell. That website looks like it will be able to help me out!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Might be worth mentioning the Power City bags are a tad pricey though. If you're in Dublin City, Lenehans on Capel Street (124 Capel Street) have a selection. Bags for fairly obscure models too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I get my hoover bags in Argos

TarfHead wrote: »
    Given that you're in Clontarf ..

.. Mastercare in Killester is your only man. The bags may be generic, but they work.

Across the road from SuperValu - at the junction with Collins Avenue.

Thanks, tried there today but I've one of the few Electrolux brands that he doesn't have stocked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

In 2010 are people still selling hoover bags? Arnotts have been mentioned but the post are 3 years old noe.

If you're in Clontarf and Mastercare don't have them, try Power City in Coolock, not too far from you at all.

Maybe bring the hoover with you though, or at least a bag.

If you do go down, the man to ask in there is Jim, if he's working, he knows all about the different hoovers and the bags they take.

Tell him Des sent you, I used to work in there.

There is another place we used to send people for the more obscure ones, but I can't remember what it's called at the moment, but it's around the D5/D3 area as well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

It's a bit out of your way, but there's a little old hoover shop on the Harold's Cross road. If you'd get them anywhere, it'd be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Lots of hardware shops would have good ranges and can order if you wish.
    cosmic wrote: »
    It's a bit out of your way, but there's a little old hoover shop on the Harold's Cross road. If you'd get them anywhere, it'd be there!
    Is that still open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Victor wrote: »
    Lots of hardware shops would have good ranges and can order if you wish.Is that still open?

I believe it is, theres also a hurley shop close by!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

Floor Cleaning Equipment Ltd - 9 Store Street, Dublin 1. 01 855 6838. Didn't read all the thread so sorry if covered already.

Advertisement