Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband help

Options
  • 22-08-2007 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I recently rebooted my computer and the Breeze broadband software was taken with it. I have it over three years but the software disc was never given to me when it was installed in the first place. I was wondering would anybody be able to help me in trying to get it working again without the software or is this possible. Im not in a situatoin where i can pnone up and ask for the software to be sent out.

Greatful for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

You don't need software for Breeze ( the one on your roof) . You do need to know what IP address/mask/gateway they assigned to you though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 singularity

What software? All you need to know is your IP, subnet, gateway and DNS servers. I got that on a piece of paper when they installed it. No software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Conormc84

I found that sheet of paper but the numbers arent filled in on the sheet.

First off all, congratulations to a fabulous uptime (3 years).

Unless you still have the settings in your machine, you're better off contacting IBB.

Why would a reboot remove your network settings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Conormc84

Apologies, my hard drive was formatted. Im not that up on computers. But, it looks as though i will need to contact them though im afraid. Am not too impressed that the details on the sheet were not filled in when it was first installed especially after it taking so long to find the bloody thing

• Advertisement

That makes more sense. Anyway, I agree, they should have written those details down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Is the breeze system not on CAT5 ethernet?

If you're connected that way, your network properties box should give the address of the modem and from there you should be able to access the modem itself.

Sorry if I'm on the wrong track, but I can't see how you could lose settings in the way you describe. Is your network adapter working after the re-install?

Advertisement