Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car won't start when I use certain petrol brands

Options
  • 22-08-2007 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

My car (2002 Hyundai Accent) is incredibly temperamental about what brand of petrol* I use.
    Has anyone else ever had this problem, and is it indicative of something wrong with the car?

I normally use Shell but I've got my last 60 litres or so at Top as they're the cheapest... it's now taking me several minutes to get the car started, when it usually turns over immediately!! Incredibly annoying :mad:

*Yes it is a petrol car, and no I'm not putting diesel in the car

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Maybe it's dirty. I got dirty petrol twice in the last year. It is surprisingly common.

Advertisement