Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Emblem/decal adhesive??

Options
  • 23-08-2007 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    One the emblems on my car is a bit loose and isn't stuck on properly. I know that when you buy these emblems new, they normally come with an adhesive backing ready to attach to the car body. Does anyone know what the best type of adhesive to use for this is? I'm thinking some type of thin double sided pad or something that I can cut to shape? What's currently on the back of the emblem (and the bodywork) looks like some thin spongy adhesive stuff.
    I was going to check ebay if I knew what to look for. I don't want to use super glue or anything that might damage the paintwork.

Cheers,

DC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

no more nails perhaps??

Emblem should already come with adhesive though, and this should be sufficient. If not have a look in maplins, atlantic homecare, easons etc

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you can buy a roll of special double sided tape for it. Halfords stock it,

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Thanks. I'll check Halfrauds so. Might find it cheaper on ebay if I knew what to search for. Will try 'double sided tape' :)

Advertisement