Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best p35 overclocking board sub €150

Options
  • 23-08-2007 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I am thinking about getting an E2140 and overclocking the balls off of it. What are your oppinions about the best overclockers board sub $150 ??? Is there one board in pariticular that stands out?

So far I have been looking at the Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R , which appears to be hit and miss whether you get a good board or not , or the Asus PK5 which is supposedly really very with a little modification with a pencil.

All suggestions and oppinions are encouraged .

Cheers
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Just tought i would throw my oar in, did you think about any of the boards with the 680i chipset, very good for overclocking, and very easy to get stable overclocks for very little effort, IMHO!

Though in saying that, im sure you have probably already got your mind set on one of the P35 boards!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

I'm going to assume you meant EUR, In that case I'd go for the Asus P5K-E, It's a deluxe without the second LAN port and a heatpipe to the southbridge. Looks to be a great deal for a little more than the vanilla P5K.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah sorry I meant Euro.is the deluxe P5k better then the standard P5k for overclocking?? Also Does anyone know of tje 680i chipset supports the Penryn (spell? ) cpu's??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

yes, the deluxe has better power regulation for the cpu - does away with the ridiculous 'pencil mod'. It also has more bios options, but most of them are really scary unlikely to ever be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Yeah sorry I meant Euro.is the deluxe P5k better then the standard P5k for overclocking?? Also Does anyone know of tje 680i chipset supports the Penryn (spell? ) cpu's??

Check out the link below

EVGA 680i

• Advertisement
Advertisement