Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Healy

• 23-08-2007 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

What do people make of this guy at international level? I've been watching football for a while now and I don't think I've ever seen the likes of it.

I think if you put any striker in world footy into that Norn Iron team and I couldn't see their return being any higher.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he'll ever be considered a world class player or anything but his eye for goal is just frighenting. He's currently at 31 goals in 57 games (31 in about 40 if you don't count the "Norn Iron 0" era) for the North and whilst that is a phenomenal ratio in istelf to do it for the North only doubles the the achievement. You have to consider that the guy who is 2nd in the Norn Iron alltime ranking is on just 13 goals then it really highlights things.

31 for any country (except maybe Australia, NewZealand or Iran etc) is a great achievment in itself but to do it for Northern Ireland who have traditionally found it hard to score is impressive. To put that in comparable terms (by simple ratios) what Healy is doing would be the equivilant of someone coming and scoring around 115 goals in 7 years or so for England.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Yeah I think you've nailed it on the head there. David Healy is a good player. He isn't a great player and he isn't overrated. But he certainly isn't underrated either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

his record is incredible, considering his age, his national team are not world beaters and considering he was playing championship football mostly until this season. and as importantly he scores in the big games for northern ireland, not just racking them in against andorra and the like. fair play to the northern team, they know they have a good striker and play theyre game to suit and support him. his header last night was quality. not a spectacular or fantastic player, but a good striker. Be interesting to watch how his season progresses with Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

That record for NI is excellent. Remeber he got three against Spain so he can do it against the big teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

fantastic record for NI. they would be lost without him.

he's started well for Fulham too. he could prove to be a real bargain for them.

correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't he struggling to get into the Leeds team at one point last year? or am i going mad?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

jobonar wrote:
    correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't he struggling to get into the Leeds team at one point last year? or am i going mad?

No you're correct. For me Healy is overrated. I can't fault his Norn Iron record but he has never done it at club level for either Preston or Leeds. Until he proves he can do it at club level as well theb I will always see him as an average player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Kingp35 wrote:
    No you're correct. For me Healy is overrated. I can't fault his Norn Iron record but he has never done it at club level for either Preston or Leeds. Until he proves he can do it at club level as well theb I will always see him as an average player.
    good so i'm not losing it :)

he'll get a good chance to prove himself now that McBride is out for the next few months atleast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

11 goals so far in this qualifying campaign is phenomenal.

Advertisement