Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal merchants ?

• 23-08-2007 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I know this is going to seem like a plank of a question so let me explain ..

just moved to KK from UK having left Ireland 20years ago (from Laois) and we are renting ATM. The house has an open fire, something I've not dealt with since I left Ireland and I have no idea where to buy coal from . I mean I have bought some from the Local petrol station but it burns far too quickly IMHO (it's that black diamond stuff)
    I feel like such an idiot asking such a simple question but I don't want to phone them up asking stupid questions.

so how does it work ? I know there is a coal merchant on Friary street but don't think it's open when Hubby isn't a work and I don't drive.

do they deliver ? Can I order only a few bags ? :o

My one saving grace is I remembered how to start the thing using briquettes no problem !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Hennessy's (Not sure if they are still next to the New Round-about on the Comer Road next to the New Development at the Station) deliver I think. Quality open fire action. I think most places will deliver for a charge. Also you can order as much as you like, we had a coal store in our garden, got filled once a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭stcatherine

Cheers Lump,

that really helps actually cos Hubby goes to Dublin by train at least once a week so he could pop in and sort that out ....much appreciate it !

Go to GoldenPages.ie and search for Coal in Kilkenny:

Keogh Fuels Blackmill st Kilkenny Co. Kilkenny
    Hennessy Fuels U12 Hebron Bus Park Kilkenny
    Landy John The Fuel Yard Thomastown Co. Kilkenny
    B K Mining Fairymount Crettyard Carlow Co. Kilkenny
    Ahern Fuels Togher rd Urlingford Co. Kilkenny
    Moore Richd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

why not just keep an eye out for a coal man and flag him down. Don't know about in Kilkenny city but they usually start doing the rounds near mid September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Lump wrote:
    Hennessy's (Not sure if they are still next to the New Round-about on the Comer Road next to the New Development at the Station) deliver I think. Quality open fire action. I think most places will deliver for a charge. Also you can order as much as you like, we had a coal store in our garden, got filled once a year.
    Lump, when were you last in kilkenny, there are big apartments and offices in hennessys old coal yard!

• Advertisement

A while ago.... I did think there'd been some building done there, they've only moved up the road anyway, it's all in the "General Area"

John

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭stcatherine

Cheers for the help peeps, we ended up going to the place on Friary St in KK City and are all coaled up now !!

ta again

Advertisement