Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation confirmation

• 23-08-2007 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

When do we know if we have got a place on campus?? I'm getting worried i wont get it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

they'll be slow to tell you if you havent got it

last year i kept ringing them until they looked through their lists to finally tell me that i didnt get in

keep ringing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭fitzgese

i have applied but haven't heard anything yet. has anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

I phoned them yesterday and they said that the closing date is this Monday and we won't know until after the closing date...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭fitzgese

thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Often it can be better if you go in and physically find the accomodation office. Last year they were holed up in an unmarked room in the student centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I think that was mainly the Roebuck Hall lot. I was ringing them about my own accommodation and they were there as Roebuck hall hadn't been cleared for even them to enter at that stage. And some of my friends used to call in to them and they were only dealing with Roebuck Hall enquiries down there.

But going in if you can is definitely better - they tend to be fairly hectic around now so ringing them can be rather a nightmare. Especially with the deadline about to pass for applications.

The only way I ever easily got through to them was ringing one accommodation number that was probably the wrong one and getting transferred across to the right one. I'm not saying it's the best way to do it, and that ringing the correct number isn't a good plan, it just happened to work for me.

Advertisement