Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Transfer to the UK

Options
  • 23-08-2007 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

I'm purchasing a equipment in the UK and my bank is in Ireland, the guy selling me the equipment said i can transfer money from my bank account to his, the cost of the equipment is £50GBP, can anybody tell me how much the transfer fee would be and would there be a problem transferring that amount of money from a bank account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No problem.

You'll need his BIC and IBAN number (he can find them on any of his bank statements)

It shouldn't cost you a lot - how easy it is to do depends on your bank. With AIB you can do it via online and telephone banking. Others you may need to visit the branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

As said above, once you have a valid IBAN and BIC it's easy. AIB use 'Paylink Euro' and most other banks have a similar system. EU legislation requires that intra EU bank transfers shouldn't cost any more than standard transfers in own country, so it should only cost about 30c for the transfer fee.

Advertisement