Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear infections

Options
  • 23-08-2007 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

My kittens have bad ear infections and are on antibiotics for it. The vet mentioned ear-drops to me this morning, but won't have any in stock until Monday. I thought I might try to source some elsewhere - does anyone know what I need to ask for? Would it be a treatment for ear mites or would it be something to clear the infection?

I know I should just ask at the vets, but I'm beginning to lose faith in them. Since I got these guys six weeks ago they have been in and out of vets with stomach prob.s, eye problems, vaccinations and now the ears - but they only ever get treated for the problem I mention - never get a 'once over". eg They didn't get their temperature taken this a.m. Never got their ears looked at before. No swabs, or samples ever taken and analysed - am I expecting too much? I suppose I'm used to what happens at a doctor rather than a vet.

I hope they stop with all these illnesses soon. Is there any kind of tonic I could give them to boost their immune systems? The vet just said some animals "get everything thats going" and just to make sure I worm them frequently.

Worse case thoughts - can kittens be born with FIV if their mother has it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Hey MsFifers Cats can contract FIV from the mother if she has it. If you hear of a more reputable vet in your vicinity, do bring them for a check-up there. He might only say the same thing as your current vet, but its worth the peace of mind! Ive PM'd you more info

Advertisement