Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What N95 Apps are you using ?

• 23-08-2007 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Ok so I’ve noticed there are a lot of people on here who have bought the N95 and some like myself are new to Smart phones and aren’t realising its full potential. I know there is a Sticky on 3rd party Apps but that’s a bit old and not Symbian specific. So thought it might be useful if people post what Apps they are using along with what they do and where they can be found.

What I am using so far: (room for lots more)

Fring – Available at www.fring.com Can be used for voip calls but I mostly use it for instant messaging. Very handy to have MSN and Google talk contacts in the one place. Find the interface very good too

Opera Mini 4 – Available at www.operamini.com/beta I use the Nokia web browser when I am in wifi range but I find this handy when using vodafone 3g. You can set it not to display pictures and I find the cost is a lot less than if I was using the Nokia browser

DivX Player – Available at http://rapidshare.com/files/46861870/DivXPlayer.sisx (freeware as far as I know) good for playing DivX Clips. I use “Super” to convert movies into this format to watch on my phone but can be a bit hit and miss though

Gmail App- Available at gmail.com/app (from your phone browser) – Gmail on your mobile, very easy to use

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Ardent

All of the above + Google Maps and Widsets. Thinking about the newest version of MSN Live Messenger for Symban.

Some good games: KRally and Frozen Bubble (free).

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Ardent wrote:
    All of the above + Google Maps and Widsets. Thinking about the newest version of MSN Live Messenger for Symban.

Some good games: KRally and Frozen Bubble (free).

I think the MSN live only works in China and Hong Kong at the moment, and this was restricted intentially for some reason.

Can you give links for the games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Ardent

Arathorn wrote:
    I think the MSN live only works in China and Hong Kong at the moment, and this was restricted intentially for some reason.

You might be right but I got the impression from this that there's a new version we can now use.
    Can you give links for the games

KRally is not free, Frozen Bubble at fb-s60.sourceforge.net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Sorry I've no links for the following. Posting from phone,all are "googleable"

Resco News
    Profimail
    Truphone
    Projekt
    Mobireader
    Handy Taskman
    Japb lite
    Y-Browser
    LCG Jukebox
    Vox
    Opera Mobile
    Isilo (beta)
    Sensible Suduko
    V-Boy
    Tom Tom
    Metro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

I use (on the E60 but it's the same operating system):

- Fring for VoIP and Skype
    - IM+ for MSN Messenger (Fring does it too but doesn't do logging)
    - Mirggi for IRC
    - Driver for my bluetooth keyboard from ThinkOutside (recommended if you use a lot of MSN, Email or IRC)
    - Mobisystems Diet (Yes I need to lose weight :) )
    - S60 Internet Radio from Nokia for listening to internet Radio
    - Opera Mini
    - Google Maps
    - Y-Browser

If I were to use Navigation I would use Smart2go from Nokia as it's free.

That's it at the moment but I used to have a lot more stuff on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Arathorn wrote:
    Ok so I’ve noticed there are a lot of people on here who have bought the N95 and some like myself are new to Smart phones and aren’t realising its full potential.

Haven't bought one yet but want to be able to do some stuff web-based stuff on my mobile via wifi connection to broadband. Just normal surfing, but also audio (and maybe video) streaming.
    Arathorn wrote:
    Opera Mini 4 – Available at www.operamini.com/beta I use the Nokia web browser when I am in wifi range

Great, so it is possible then to use a local wifi network for broadband access.

What about Windows Media Player? Can it run on the N95 or other smartphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Ah don't think there is a windows media player for N95 (symbian) it has real player alrite, you can always convert video to 3GP anyway.

Some good suggestions there guys, i downloaded the Metro and Resco news both pretty cool. Also downloaded the virgin radio App which works very well. Any more suggestions? Some games links would be good ?

Advertisement