Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

golf gear knob removal

Options
  • 23-08-2007 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

This is really starting to annoy me. I've no idea how to remove the gear knob from the shaft so I can put in a new leather gaiter. The old one is a bit tatty so I figured I'd get a new one, unscrew the gear knob and bobs your uncle. Not so it seems. The golf in question is a mark 4 (2003). Any googling I've done doesn't have me any closer to removing it. Anyone know how to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

There is a retaining clip that clamps on the gear knob. You will need to break this clip to remove the knob. You will also need a new clip to refit it.

EDIT - attached image might help................

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

Damn. I don't have one of those. Guess I'll just have to wait until I can source one. Thanks cross

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

... and just spotted your diagram! :) Thats brilliant! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A main dealer should be able to supply the clamp - it should only cost buttons.

Advertisement