Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

scrap a car/ sell for parts - Where in Dublin

Options
  • 23-08-2007 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hiya,

We have a 2000 Peugot 406 that started misfiring last week and now won't start at all. We spoke to our garage and decided that between that and the problems it has with the gear box it would probably cost more to fix it then it's worth. Luckily we have a realtive who's going to sell us their old car at a good price but our problem now is how to get rid of the Peugot?

I'm totally clueless on this so I don't even know if we could sell the car for parts or if we would have to pay someone to take it off our hands? Are there any scrap yards on the Northside? I'm based in glasnevin and as we'll have to tow the car I'd rather not go too far.

All thoughts/ suggestions are welcome

Thanks,

Gnashers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

If you want some one to collect it for nothing try http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

the breakers in Coolock will take it for free if you bring it to them and give you a certs of destruction. but they wont pay you to use it for parts. i recently dropped a 98 fiesta up to them no problems. if they have to collect it it'll cost €50

on the other hand Dublin city council or Fingal county council also take end of life cars, I know DCC charge €30 to take it away, you need to leave it off private land, so on the street, with the logbook/registration cert and keys available. you are liable for any and all fines if it's not taxed or insured and there's something like a 6-8 week wait to collect it. Or you could tow it some place, rip the plates off and report it as abandoned and they will remove it. course there may be some legal issues with this option if the car is traced to you.

ya could just advertise it as good for parts or something someone might by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Gnashers

great - do you know if the breakers in Coolock is open on Saturdays - or do you know their phone number?

Thanks

Gnahsers

Advertisement