Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anywhere selling Bioshock early??

• 23-08-2007 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Any reports of shops selling it today?
    I reckon if you go into xtra-vision tonight you might get yer maulers on it:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Jervis Smyths usually sell Friday release games after 6 or 7 on a Thursday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

wink wink. nudge nudge.

Harvey Normans in Rathfarnham. i have my copy now. they only have 4 left

gamertag: Antigone05

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

an odd time xtra vision may release them a few days before its release...i got troy on dvd 3 days before its release in cavan xtra vision..looks like a class game pity i dont have a 360 yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Gibrean

anyone know for a fact that smyths in Jervis will be selling this evening?...
    deciding whether to stay in work late or not.

havent been looking forward to a game this much since HL2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Jonakin

Off topic but does anyone know if the pal bioshock will work on a ntsc-j?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Gibrean wrote:
    anyone know for a fact that smyths in Jervis will be selling this evening?...
    deciding whether to stay in work late or not.

havent been looking forward to a game this much since HL2

I have tried Jervis Smyths late on a thursday evening before a few times and they never do it. They just say we're open early in the morning.

well its region free...

Oh well...guess ill just have to play thru the demo again tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Where's the best place to buy? Just say in GAME for €70. No way am I paying that when I get for just over €50 online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Seems to be €60 in Argos, probably the same in Smyths when you use a loyalty card (10% off).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hell yeah! Smyths Bray broke release date. I now have a nice copy of BioShock in my hands, 58.50 with discount (only standard packaging left).

See yas in a few days, people ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I did a competitor check today and apparently Virigin will be selling it for 55, that's the standard edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Your boss must love you..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I did a competitor check today and apparently Virigin will be selling it for 55, that's the standard edition.

just be careful now... the MAN is watchin this place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Tried xtravision about an hour ago and they are not selling till the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

how much are xtra vision selling it for ??

Forgot to ask. They just said they will be selling it in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

i'll be in town scouting around for the cheapest bioshock and blue dragon deals in a few hours :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

ShaneU wrote:
    i'll be in town scouting around for the cheapest bioshock and blue dragon deals in a few hours :)

Don't take too long now!! Let us know! And see if they're any good trade in deals in any of the shops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Are Smyths still doing the 2 for 1 trade-in deal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Was in Blanchardstown centre a while ago on unrelated business so I decided to check out the prices. Game were selling it for €75 but just across the corridor Virgin has the metal cased version for €55, it was too good to skip so I bought it. Had intended on checking out the prices in HMV, Smiths and Harvey Normans but didn't need to in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Jip wrote:
    Was in Blanchardstown centre a while ago on unrelated business so I decided to check out the prices. Game were selling it for €75 but just across the corridor Virgin has the metal cased version for €55, it was too good to skip so I bought it. Had intended on checking out the prices in HMV, Smiths and Harvey Normans but didn't need to in the end.

Just back myself, its €58 in HMV.
    Was going to trade in brand new un-opened GoW and 2nd hand FEAR in GAME but it was still working out at about €30+.
    They also didn't have any CEs left, all went on pre-orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I did well today... went into Gamestop in Stephens Green and got it for E59.99. which is not spectacular or anything but when I went up to the counter they realised it was a mistake and it should have been 69.99... Plus I had traded in some games a few weeks ago and had a credit note for 59 euros so Bioshock ended up costing me .99 cents in real money:D :D

Now to get my moneys worth!

59.99 in xtra-vision for the standard and metal one. Got the metal case one meself. Quality game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

woooo232 wrote:
    I did well today... went into Gamestop in Stephens Green and got it for E59.99. which is not spectacular or anything but when I went up to the counter they realised it was a mistake and it should have been 69.99... Plus I had traded in some games a few weeks ago and had a credit note for 59 euros so Bioshock ended up costing me .99 cents in real money:D :D

Now to get my moneys worth!

They realised it was priced wrongly and didn't charge you the real price?

That's sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ehh, think my game glitched?
    In the demo you pick up the fire bolt in the toilets.... When i picked it up in the game, nothing happened? and when I cycle through plasmids i only get electric choice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ehh, think my game glitched?
    In the demo you pick up the fire bolt in the toilets.... When i picked it up in the game, nothing happened? and when I cycle through plasmids i only get electric choice.
    You don't get the incinerate plasmid for a while in the actual game (it was at the beginning of level 2 I think) - was part of the demo just to give you more of a taste of what was to come. One of the few parts that was changed from the demo - that and the lack of security camera before the first big battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

So is xtravision the cheapest place in dublin to buy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

€55 in Virgin, as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

its E60 in xtravision for the tin box and normal box

Advertisement