Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SPOILER: Summerslam Result Slip-Up

• 23-08-2007 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

I have already warned at this thread there will be some Summerslam spoilers, so take it as your own risk. Also note, that WWE can change their minds up to the last second.

Here's what's expected from accurate sources, Highlight to see. If you don't want to see ( They're slightly visible anyway ).

Randy Orton is expected to beat John Cena.

Batista is expected to beat The Great Khali.

Matt Hardy is expected to beat MVP. ( Apparently, there switching this a lot )

Triple H almost guaranteed to beat King Booker.

Mysterio is going to beat Chavo Guerrero.

These are the only results I have at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Wow did Vince McMahon himself tell you all that?! Who are your accurate sources?:rolleyes:

Nearly all of those results are no-brainers! Its hardly breaking news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

christ anyone could guess those,doesnt take a genius to figure those reults out, i reckon cena is gonna retain though and lose it at unforgiven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I don't think Batista is going to beat Khali

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

I think that's one of the harder ones to call, mainly because whoever wins then there isn't really anyone to challenge them. This is because Undertaker returning leaves him busy with Mark Henry. I can't see the Rey Rey/Chavo thing ending straight away so who else is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

thats hardly even a spoiler really. that would have been my predictions. did anyone really expect HHH to lie down for Booker? When IS taker back by the way? When he was injured I heard November and I think he'll be missing the Survivor Series Tour. If it is November they are promoting a come back a little soon aren't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

forbesii wrote:
    When IS taker back by the way? When he was injured I heard November and I think he'll be missing the Survivor Series Tour. If it is November they are promoting a come back a little soon aren't they?

He's back at Unforgiven in September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Undertaker is supposed to return at Unforgiven, apparently he wanted to return at SS but Vince wouldn't let him.

Rumours that the Batista/Khali match will be some sort of stipulation match....how about, loser leaves the company never to return again. Nice sending off for Khali...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

EdK wrote:
    I don't think Batista is going to beat Khali

Figure 4 Newsletter reported this week that that is the current plan. They'll have a gimmick rematch at the next ppv then

Also from Figure 4 was that Undertaker was pushing to return at Summerslam, but Vince held it off because he thought it would be sending the wrong message to the roster about coming back too quickly from injuries. He's set to return at Unforgiven against Mark Henry, then to feud with Big Daddy V, and then Khali apparently

Where did you get all these results though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Fozzy wrote:

Where did you get all these results though?

Maybe he is Vince's son?! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Fozzy wrote:

Also from Figure 4 was that Undertaker was pushing to return at Summerslam, but Vince held it off because he thought it would be sending the wrong message to the roster about coming back too quickly from injuries. He's set to return at Unforgiven against Mark Henry, then to feud with Big Daddy V, and then Khali apparently

Sh1t. dosent look good for taker. taking on more big guys that he wont even be able to tombstone instead of challenging for his WHC again.

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    Figure 4 Newsletter reported this week that that is the current plan.

Sorry about this being off topic, but are you subscribing to figure four now? If you are, what do you think of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Batista is expected to beat The Great Khali and hold the title til Edge comes back. Edge will win it and face Undertaker at Wrestlemania 24 for the title.

In the meantime, Undertaker will face The Great Khali, Mark Henry ( Putting him out ) and Big Daddy V and then Edge.

The good sources are Wrestling experts, so all of them will be spot on. But Orton is expected to win, definitely. Also Mae Young and the other old thing will be at summerslam.

Sorry about this being off topic, but are you subscribing to figure four now? If you are, what do you think of it?

No, one of my mates has subscribed, I think I will next month for my birthday! Looks well worth it

Who are these "wrestling experts" though? There's people here who are experts on wrestling in different ways, but they still get predictions wrong all the time! And in fairness, they can't be spot on unless they're coming from Vince McMahon himself! Plans can change all the time, look at what happened when Jeff Hardy got suspended, the whole episode of Raw had to be rewritten. You're just being a bit vague!

Fozzy wrote:
    No, one of my mates has subscribed, I think I will next month for my birthday! Looks well worth it

I think if you have the username and password of your friend it can work on more than 1 PC. Not wanting anybody to lose business or anything!

I think if you have the username and password of your friend it can work on more than 1 PC. Not wanting anybody to lose business or anything!

Ah, I don't mind giving those fine people some extra business myself!

I`m reporting you to the emperor! Expect some nasty mexicans to be calling to your house asap!;)

I`ve subscribed to F4W for a couple of months now and it is worth the money. I mean its so damn cheap really for all the shows you get. Its great for long journeys, I had to drive to Ennis from Dublin and back again the same day a couple of weeks ago and those podcasts were a godsend!

Obviously the Lance Storm and the Dave Meltzer shows are the best. A fine site ran by great men!

woooo232 wrote:
    I`m reporting you to the emperor! Expect some nasty mexicans to be calling to your house asap!;)

The emperor who is in fact a nasty, nasty Mexican should owe me money for all the times I've shamefully pushed his website on boards for the last 2 years!

Like you said though, you get so much for so little money. I subscribed at the beginning when the idea was just to get the newsletter e-mailed to you every week. And now, there's so much audio content on the website, the newsletter sometimes gets forgotten about.

If you haven't gone back in the archives much, I'd recommend the Konnan and the Vinny intervention show (absolute classic around October 2005)!

this is completely off topic ( but this topic is kinda pointless anyways!) but did you ever submit a shout-out Vince? If so when and what was it.

i`ve always been tempted but never got around to it. you should sent a shsout out with links to all your shameless shilling on boards!

woooo232 wrote:
    this is completely off topic ( but this topic is kinda pointless anyways!) but did you ever submit a shout-out Vince? If so when and what was it.

I`ve always been tempted but never got around to it. you should sent a shsout out with links to all your shameless shilling on boards!

I actually haven't. I enjoy the good shout outs but I hate the bad ones and mine could definitely fall into that category. I just don't have the personality of the people/whackos (and I mean that in a nice way!) on the figure four board.

Plus with more and more members, I can see him doing away with shout outs eventually. I do think when Fozzy does sign up, it would only be right for him to SHOOT on the boards.ie wrestling section people.

Also the Christmas B and V shows that go on for like 2 hours are great shows too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

plans change a few minutes before wrestlers hit the ring so anything is possible.

Personally I can't see Orton beating cena if the likes of Triple H, Michaels, Lashley, Angle etc have had to job to him. Of course a screw job could be on the cards
    Vince did get involved in the angle on monday night so.....

• Advertisement

if enough ppl sign up we could organise our own boards super china buffet day!:p

woooo232 wrote:
    if enough ppl sign up we could organise our own boards super china buffet day!:p

I'm sure the benovelent emperor of this board (Fozzy) would fund such a day!

I'm sure the benovelent emperor of this board (Fozzy) would fund such a day!

Being the fine man that he is I am sure that you are right about that!

Yous have another year until the next one to prove to me that you're worth it!

Can't believe Moderators allow a thread to become 70% spammed off-topic material and doesn't do nothing.
    =======================================================

On-Topic, I agree with the OP that the Vince getting involved would be a great excuse as Vince would then say he has a champion son. Very likely I think so then they can say Cena never actually lost...

Lucas10101 wrote:
    Can't believe Moderators allow a thread to become 70% spammed off-topic material and doesn't do nothing. Last time I post in this Prowrestling Forum.

The original post is almost spam in itself. You still haven't said what your sources are. We'll get all this discussion covered in the Summerslam Predictions thread at the weekend

I don't see Vince getting involved, he's best sticking to just one angle I think. I don't think Orton or Cena need any help with this feud either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

pwned :D
    VR!

Fozzy wrote:
    The original post is almost spam in itself. You still haven't said what your sources are. We'll get all this discussion covered in the Summerslam Predictions thread at the weekend

I don't see Vince getting involved, he's best sticking to just one angle I think. I don't think Orton or Cena need any help with this feud either

I actually have said them. I said they were Wrestling Veterans and I know them well. I'm not going to spout their email addresses to everyone, that's plain wrong Fozzy. Plus, if you do consider what I post spam, that doesn't mean that if everyone posts spam, then it's alright does it? Haha....First Time I proved a Moderator WRONG. I won't bother coming back here.

On-Topic, I can still see Vince getting involved in a screw-job.

Lucas10101 wrote:
    I actually have said them. I said they were Wrestling Veterans and I know them well. I'm not going to spout their email addresses to everyone, that's plain wrong Fozzy. Plus, if you do consider what I post spam, that doesn't mean that if everyone posts spam, then it's alright does it? Haha....First Time I proved a Moderator WRONG. I won't bother coming back here.

Wrestling veterans, wrestling experts, some people might call me something like that. But it doesn't mean my opinion is infallible! It's nothing personal, just that your sources don't sound like the most reliable

Works better when you say something like "MVP vs. Matt Hardy was canceled for SummerSlam", and then say that your source is Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer. You might just think that I'm making things up otherwise

Not that I think you've proved me wrong at all, but if you did, it's no big deal, moderators aren't some sort of supreme beings, I'm as open to error as your sources! I'm sorry about this, but it's in the charter, if you're posting news/spoilers then post your source too. "Your mate" isn't generally an accepted source!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

Is the MVP/Hardy match definitely not happening at summmerslam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

It's officially off don't think MVP is quite ready to go after his health scare, hence the competitions instead of wrestling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

could mean a cruiserweight match instead

Lucas10101 wrote:

On-Topic, I can still see Vince getting involved in a screw-job.

"Wrestling Veterans", give me a break! And for the record, you don't need to post email addresses to post names. So that rules that one out.

And everyone doesn't post spam, usually when people post up rumours or predictions, they usually provide a source, something you failed to do, even when it was in question.

So... don't let the door hit you on the way out... toodliedoo :)
    VR!

I think they're goin with
    Kane vs Finlay
    to replace Matt vs MVP

Ugh! Hardly a fair trade off. I'm no fan of Matt or MVP but
    As much as i like Finlay, even he can't work miracles!

VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement