Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank robbery in AIB Sandyford?

Options
  • 23-08-2007 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

Was just driving by the AIB in Sandyford, four Garda cars and three black vans, the whole area taped off. Anybody know more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Is there a doughnut shop next door to the bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Philemon86

Yeah Just seen that myself looked like there was somone lying in the car park too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

just seen the same as yourself. when we drove past we saw a chap on the ground in the carpark. most likely cuffed up. there was also a securicor van in the car park so my guess is that it was an attempted robbery on that... what the hell was the chap thinking....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 roadrunner41

I heard there where two shots fired, fired from a gun...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SDK

Yeah, I heard what sounded like gun fire and loadsa garda cars. Apparently a guy tried to rob a secure van in AIB. He was shot, tis why he was lying on the ground. This feels like a film.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Philemon86

Where's Horatio when you need him ?.
    "it seems Crime (puts on sunglasses) Dosent Pay"

mental.. he must have been armed. the guards must have been tipped about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He was obviously watching Heat on RTE1 last night and got a bit carried away with himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

is_that_so wrote:

was so just about to do that :(

all will be ok,

"Gardaí are investigating."

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Move along now. Nothing to see here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 roadrunner41

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

ppfftt if only they had turbancop this would never have happened :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Not a word about this on www.breakingnews.ie. Absoloutely disgraceful. Breaking news Pigheads arse. Anybody got the number for the Consumer Ombudsman. Time to put an end to this farce.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

I saw the whole thing, I work just above where it happened.
    Was sitting having my lunch when I heard what sounded like a car crash. Fair enough I thought. Then I heard shouts and what sounded like gunshots(I've heard gunshots before). I go to the window to find a brawl of lads running around with hand guns and one guy with a machine gun, they werent wearing any identifying clothing so needless to say I was well wigged out.

There was 2 cars which looked like they had rammed a black sab saloon, they dragged some lad out of the car and wrestled him to the ground and began violently kicking him. Fair enough if they just wanted to subdue the guy(and I have NO pity for scummers) but they were REALLY tearing into him. Even after they had him cuffed and on the floor(with one guy standing on his head) another guy came over and kicked him in the head, just for laughs I'm guessing. They all had put on special branch caps at this point(the guy with the machine gun put on a bally clava).

Looks like they were attempting a bank robbery, odd considering "they" was just one guy who got the **** knocked out of him but there ya go. There was a securicor van outside AIB at the time but I aint entirely sure, I saw them taking a large bag from the car and later when I went out for a smoke I'm pretty sure I saw a gloved guard showing off a pretty damn big bag of coke to his mates.

Anyone know anything about why this all happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Pighead wrote:
    Breaking Pigheads arse.

heehee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hellm0 wrote:
    I saw the whole thing, I work just above where it happened.
    Was sitting having my lunch when I heard what sounded like a car crash. Fair enough I thought. Then I heard shouts and what sounded like gunshots(I've heard gunshots before). I go to the window to find a brawl of lads running around with hand guns and one guy with a machine gun, they werent wearing any identifying clothing so needless to say I was well wigged out.

There was 2 cars which looked like they had rammed a black sab saloon, they dragged some lad out of the car and wrestled him to the ground and began violently kicking him. Fair enough if they just wanted to subdue the guy(and I have NO pity for scummers) but they were REALLY tearing into him. Even after they had him cuffed and on the floor(with one guy standing on his head) another guy came over and kicked him in the head, just for laughs I'm guessing. They all had put on special branch caps at this point(the guy with the machine gun put on a bally clava).

Looks like they were attempting a bank robbery, odd considering "they" was just one guy who got the **** knocked out of him but there ya go. There was a securicor van outside AIB at the time but I aint entirely sure, I saw them taking a large bag from the car and later when I went out for a smoke I'm pretty sure I saw a gloved guard showing off a pretty damn big bag of coke to his mates.

Anyone know anything about why this all happened?

Farkin hell!

And of course you went out for a smoke to see what the fuss was about!!!

:D

Only after I was well sure I wasnt going to be a part of the antics:P Truth be told the Irish broadband employees were out before me, nuts of steel they must have

• Advertisement

i was going to lodge a cheque today down there.... dam wish i did now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Hellm0 wrote:
    Only after I was well sure I wasnt going to be a part of the antics:P Truth be told the Irish broadband employees were out before me, nuts of steel they must have

If i worked for IBB i'd want to be shot too

Bambi wrote:
    If i worked for IBB i'd want to be shot too
    Amen

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Hellm0 wrote:
    Truth be told the Irish broadband employees were out before me, nuts of steel they must have

Hmm... They are used to *causing* trouble.... maybe they wanted to see the other side of the coin !

Good luck getting through to them on the phone now !

Proves one thing though... more than 1 person does actually work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Hellm0 wrote:
    ......................... I go to the window to find a brawl of lads running around with hand guns and one guy with a machine gun, they werent wearing any identifying clothing so needless to say I was well wigged out.

There was 2 cars which looked like they had rammed a black sab saloon, they dragged some lad out of the car and wrestled him to the ground and began violently kicking him. Fair enough if they just wanted to subdue the guy(and I have NO pity for scummers) but they were REALLY tearing into him. Even after they had him cuffed and on the floor(with one guy standing on his head) another guy came over and kicked him in the head, just for laughs I'm guessing. They all had put on special branch caps at this point(the guy with the machine gun .................

That sounds like IRAQ to me mate !!! :D

Cant believe it .

You should have taken their car's REG and call garda !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is it the AIB down near the Beacon hospital?

That's a non-cash branch afaik.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

It's at the oother end accross from microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Did the Guards load all of the evidence into the boots of their cars - for "forensic" examination?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well judging by the tech savy folks who saw all this happening, I'll be pretty disappointed if nothing appears on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I damn well hope the place was robbed with the crap I've had to put up with from the AIB lately.

Advertisement