Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank robbery in AIB Sandyford?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 pat is god

lemansky wrote:
    Sorry didn't realise I wrote that. It's short for grenade, in some circles.

just a bit curious but where would these circles be as i think its a bit action hero.............. you know more then your telling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

pat is god wrote:
    just a bit curious but where would these circles be as i think its a bit action hero.............. you know more then your telling

Yeah! I think Lemansky is in the ERU and Pat is God is in the Army Ranger Wing:D

is there anyway that the arw were floating in the area and maybe just came across this thing and jumped in to help as maybe the do this sort of patroling and keep it quiet and get the guards out of trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

pat is god wrote:

If only! I'm only a student still so I'm not one of the action heroes, but you see I'm obsessed with special forces, and special police forces. Due to that I do a lot of research into them and I follow them closely. I've spoken to members of the ERU, and know people in the guards who know or can find out the answers to any questions, provided that they can actually give out the info, as there is a lot more secrecy around the ERU than is around say LAPD SWAT. We don't hear about most of what the ERU does. It either never reachres the news or they aren't named directly. You might read about armed detectives raiding places. That could easily be ERU.
    Grenades are known as nades (flash nades, sting nades etc), in some hostage rescue teams, SWAT units, and military units. It's not official vocab, but it's just easier to say in the heat of the moment.

pat is god wrote:
    is there anyway that the arw were floating in the area and maybe just came across this thing and jumped in to help as maybe the do this sort of patroling and keep it quiet and get the guards out of trouble
    Wouldn't think so. The ERU could be floating in a given area in say Dublin or Limerick as they are a policing unit, but the ARW are military, It is not their job to do that. Thats why they aren't deployed to Limerick. In the current climate they would be useful there, but it's not their job.

• Advertisement

CLADA wrote:
    Yeah! I think Lemansky is in the ERU and Pat is God is in the Army Ranger Wing:D

Maybe one day!:D

im impressed thats a lot of study,especially of the secret police,although the eru hit the head lines every so often normally you here of them killing people thats why i think its the arw as this was such a surgical operation and i think there the only ones that could do it especially after the mistakes they made at abbelylara,how could the government trust them again and allow them to out on the streets of a very populated area(sandyford) with angular machine guns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Id say the bang was the airbag in the car.
    I was just across the road from the AIB when it happened, had to of been a sting. The cops were there in under 30 seconds, ive never seen them move so fast in my life.
    Mr Pink wrote:
    Was that a ****ing setup or what?
    Mr White wrote:
    You really think we were set up?
    Mr Pink wrote:
    Do you even doubt it man?
    I don't think we got set up - I know we got set up.
    I mean, really, seriously, where did all those cops come from huh?
    One minute they're not there and the next minute they're there.
    I didn't hear any sirens.
    The alarm went off, OK.
    When an alarm goes off, you got an average of four minutes response time. Unless a patrol car is cruising that street at that particular moment, you got four minutes before they can realistically respond.
    In one minute, there were 17 blue boys out there, all loaded for bear, all knowing exactly what the **** they were doing.
    They were all just there.
    Remember that second wave that showed up in the cars OK?
    Those were the ones responding to the alarm man, but those first mother****ers, I'm telling you man, they were there and they were waiting for us.
    Haven't you ****ing thought about this?

pat is god wrote:
    im impressed thats a lot of study,especially of the secret police,although the eru hit the head lines every so often normally you here of them killing people thats why i think its the arw as this was such a surgical operation and i think there the only ones that could do it especially after the mistakes they made at abbelylara,how could the government trust them again and allow them to out on the streets of a very populated area(sandyford) with angular machine guns

Well you see this is the thing. The ERU are constantly active. They carry out amny high risk operations day in day out. You only ever hear of them when something controversial happens, you never hear about the good they do daily and how they risk their lives to save us all the time. The result of that is that people are left with the view that the ERU are incompetent, when in fact the opposite is true.
    The question marks that hang over Abbeylara are all centred around what happened before he left the house, but after he left the house all of what had gone before faded away into the background. They had only two choices, shoot or not shoot, and as sad as it was they had to shoot. It is accepted that they did the right thing. The problems lie in the fact that it ever had to get that far if you get me.

The government do trust the ERU. They are designed to carry out policing duties. This includes hostage rescue duties which are of a police nature as opposed to those that involve say terrorists taking Leinster House. In that case the ARW would be primary as they have the experience. If gang scum took over a building though the ERU would be sent in as they have the experience required with these people. The ERU can deal best with the situations that would arise in Ireland.

I heard from a guy in the army that there is an annual ERU versus ARW competition where they simulate hostage rescue excercises like botched bank robberies. The ERU deal with the types who would do this everyday, and as such they have never lost to the ARW apparently. However the ARW kick ass in international special forces competitions. You see each unit is of a high standard in it's own area.

As for the study thanks Pat! Like I say it's an obsession:D

• Advertisement

as i said it was the army ranger wing and as you say the second wave was the police coming from the coffee shop

lemansky wrote:
    As for the study thanks Pat! Like I say it's an obsession:D

i like your level headed approach to the whole situation but!!!!! i dont under stand where the arw get there experience as they ( i belive ) have never conducted an operation publically in our country( that is why i feel that this was there operation today)

pat is god wrote:
    i like your level headed approach to the whole situation but!!!!! i dont under stand where the arw get there experience as they ( i belive ) have never conducted an operation publically in our country( that is why i feel that this was there operation today)
    I can assure you that the ARW weren't there today! A few wannabe bank robbers getting taken down is ERU territory, much like it's SWAT territory if it happened in say LA, they wouldn't get the SEALs or Delta Force in to do it!

The national surveillance unit, and the criminal investigation heads would've gotten wind of this and had SDU and ERU people waiting as part of one of the many daily operations that they carry out. They wouldn't choose a few bank robbers trying to knock off a securicor van as an excuse to bring in the ARW. Plus the operation sounds very ERU.

The problem is most people don't know what the ERU do everyday so when they hear of their involvement in an operation as successful as this they become suspicious:D

The ERU wouldn't go off to Africa with the ARW to trek miles through a jungle and extract a war criminal as it's not their turf. Same with today's event.

lemansky wrote:
    I can assure you that the ARW weren't there today! A few wannabe bank robbers getting taken down is ERU territory, much like it's QUOTE]

dont know,i find it hard to belive that the people in charge on the ground found it hard not to order the killing of these bank robbers such as ashford and athy,as even the books about these operations mention the police men involved but the rangers are .................well the rangers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

pat is god wrote:
    lemansky wrote:
    I can assure you that the ARW weren't there today! A few wannabe bank robbers getting taken down is ERU territory, much like it's QUOTE]

dont know,i find it hard to belive that the people in charge on the ground found it hard not to order the killing of these bank robbers such as ashford and athy,as even the books about these operations mention the police men involved but the rangers are .................well the rangers

the reason there were killings in ashfored athy was cause the eru were left with no choice but to kill. toaday they had it all under control

pat is god wrote:

Well whereas you've got to acknowledge those incidents you've also got to remember that not every operation is going to end up in a bad way. You've got to weigh up the number of bad outcomes with the number of pure successes and you see why we can trust them. The fact that you don't hear about them often is proof of their competence. Also the media tends to spin stories to make news. I'm thinking of Lusk. We were treated to a lecture onhow the guards did it wrong but in actual fact they did everything very well. It's the armchair generals who pontificate over how it should be done who cause the negative perception just to feed headlines. Things don't always go as planned and sometimes things turn stale, sure SWAT officers die by their teammate's bullets every year.

I wouldn't be so happy about the ARW operating in a policing manner. They excel at military ops and that is what they train for. Their limited real world experience shows that they are trained well, but policing requires a different training and different methods. The ERU have these two things plus daily operational experience. If druggies took over a petrol station the ERU would be less likely to fcuk up the rescue than the ARW. I know some people won't agree, but that's because they are 'army or nothing heads' or just hate the ERU/Gardaí.
    We have no reason to believe that the ERU could handle any of the incidents such as Abbeylara or Athy any differnt to the ERU.

People aren't used to seeing the gardaí using uns which is why there is always such a fuss when they do and everyone assumes it's wrong when they do. I saw somebody once write that the ERU represent a sad swatification of the force.

This is 2007, thats the world we live in. It's necessary for elements of the force to draw guns everyday and shoot if needs be without worry of backlash. The scum can't be thinking that they rule.

On that note I must leave as i must be up in a few hours but I'm enjoying this chat so I'll be back later on today!Goodnight.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Heard a report on RTE last night stating that no shots were fired, although it was reported that a handcuffed man was injured while lying on the car park. With reference to what the others have said, I had a little giggle thinking about the scumbag who was eating tarmac.

delly wrote:
    Heard a report on RTE last night stating that no shots were fired, although it was reported that a handcuffed man was injured while lying on the car park. With reference to what the others have said, I had a little giggle thinking about the scumbag who was eating tarmac.

It certainly made me feel a little warm inside.:D

Of course these guys will probably end up putting a price on the head of any member of any unit that was involved in the operation.It happened when they shot those two guys after they tried to rob the post office in Lusk.
    I don't know for how long but at one stage the affiliates of the people who were shot had a price on the head of any ERU member whether they were even there or not.

lemansky wrote:
    Well whereas you've got to acknowledge those incidents you've also got to remember that not every operation is going to end up in a bad way. You've got to weigh up the number of bad outcomes with the number of pure successes and you see why we can trust them. The fact that you don't hear about them often is proof of their competence. Also the media tends to spin stories to make news. I'm thinking of Lusk. We were treated to a lecture onhow the guards did it wrong but in actual fact they did everything very well. It's the armchair generals who pontificate over how it should be done who cause the negative perception just to feed headlines. Things don't always go as planned and sometimes things turn stale, sure SWAT officers die by their teammate's bullets every year.

I wouldn't be so happy about the ARW operating in a policing manner. They excel at military ops and that is what they train for. Their limited real world experience shows that they are trained well, but policing requires a different training and different methods. The ERU have these two things plus daily operational experience. If druggies took over a petrol station the ERU would be less likely to fcuk up the rescue than the ARW. I know some people won't agree, but that's because they are 'army or nothing heads' or just hate the ERU/Gardaí.
    We have no reason to believe that the ERU could handle any of the incidents such as Abbeylara or Athy any differnt to the ERU.
    i like what your saying about the ARW it reminds me of the time that they came out and strongly objected to the ERUs use of force in abbeylara and stated that they had the capability to shoot the gun out of that guys hands(only in the movies) and how they had failed their snipers on their trainning course

• Advertisement

pat is god wrote:
    i like what your saying about the ARW it reminds me of the time that they came out and strongly objected to the ERUs use of force in abbeylara and stated that they had the capability to shoot the gun out of that guys hands(only in the movies) and how they had failed their snipers on their trainning course

The proof of it all is that the ERU beat the ARW in the annual little dance off that they have every single year. The ARW is trained for and excels in military situations, the ERU in law enforcement. One should not comment on how the other performs in it's own special area, as they aren't qualified to (regardless of what people think either unit actually is).

The actual moment when they fired the shots in Abbeylara really sums up the idea of a split second to make a decision, years to tear it apart and tell us how they should've reacted. They did what was necessary at that time and nobody else can say for sure that they would've done anything different had it been them-not even the rangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

:confused: Lemansky, you are definitely a garda with a good source in ERU, I thought Pat is God was ARW but now I think he may be in the Irish Council For Civil Liberties:D

CLADA wrote:
    :confused: Lemansky, you are definitely a garda with a good source in ERU, I thought Pat is God was ARW but now I think he may be in the Irish Council For Civil Liberties:D

no i think not CLADA but i do agree that there has to be some insider information going on maybe L is a friend of some of the baldy lads pictured in the sun newspaper today

CLADA wrote:

I will be possibly aiming for this in the future but I'm a (just beginning)college boy-and it's not Templemore either;)

Or am I:D Keep guessing!
    Nah I'm not a guard but like I say I have only two directions mapped out for myself in life as things stand and thats one of them!I just do loads of research into the ERU and the guards, I find info which is publicly available but just hard to find, and I also know a few people who can get me info that is fit for public knowledge but just isn't on say the internet because nobody sees a reason due to lack of interest to put it there:)

But who knows about Pat!

thats right Pat, we're onto you:D

pat is god wrote:
    no i think not CLADA but i do agree that there has to be some insider information going on maybe L is a friend of some of the baldy lads pictured in the sun newspaper today
    by the way have any of you seen the ERU/RRW tribute on youtube

lemansky wrote:
    I will be possibly aiming for this in the future but I'm a (just beginning)college boy-and it's not Templemore either;)

Or am I:D Keep guessing!
    Nah I'm not a guard but like I say I have only two directions mapped out for myself in life as things stand and thats one of them!I just do loads of research into the ERU and the guards, I find info which is publicly available but just hard to find, and I also know a few people who can get me info that is fit for public knowledge but just isn't on say the internet because nobody sees a reason due to lack of interest to put it there:)

But who knows about Pat!

thats right Pat, we're onto you:D

I didnt know LEMANSKY was an organisation?

pat is god wrote:

They COULD be obe of my sources who knows;)

Although until I reach one of those sacred positions(and if I apply at all) I won't be able to get any real insider info:( All I have i the obscure but very interesting and hard to come by stuff which isn't secret-but we can always pretend:D

lemansky wrote:
    They COULD be obe of my sources who knows;)

Although until I reach one of those sacred positions(and if I apply at all) I won't be able to get any real insider info:( All I have i the obscure but very interesting and hard to come by stuff which isn't secret-but we can always pretend:D

making it up? you must be a writer for the independent send me a photo

pat is god wrote:
    by the way have any of you seen the ERU/RRW tribute on youtube

I certainly have-there is a lack of ERU pics available though, but the rangers have some good ones. I can send you some I found that aren't there if you want. (i can try anyway)

Just to clarify, when I said pretend I meant we can pretend that the info I have is top secret, but not make it up:D

• Advertisement

lemansky wrote:
    I certainly have-there is a lack of ERU pics available though, but the rangers have some good ones. I can send you some I found that aren't there if you want. (i can try anyway)

there has to be more photos of the ERU ......you always see them with nelson mandela,bill clinton or tiger woods wife.........?

Advertisement