Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Student traveling

Options
  • 23-08-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok guys from sligo and heading to dcu so will be getting the train twice a week as i will be coming home every weekend!!! Just Wondering can anyone advise me on what discount cards are available t students and also how much one can save !!

Also i heard this thing on the radio about cheap traveling when you open a student accout in AIB , anyone else hear this!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

I think there is a weekender card but the card you get from AIB when you open an account is the Student Travel Card. It's costs €12 for one year and you get discounts on buses, train and the Luas (I think). Also acts as an official GAA ID card, get 10% off at Top Man and some other bit's. If you ask at your local train station about what you should get, I find they are normally very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

iv found it will be cheaper n less time time consuming for me to fly from cork to dublin to get home rather than by bus or train.. gotta love ryanair!!

fionated7 wrote:
    iv found it will be cheaper n less time time consuming for me to fly from cork to dublin to get home rather than by bus or train.. gotta love ryanair!!

Hmmm...must look at this...

EDIT: You'd think Ryanair would fly to Dublin from Knock...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

I think there is a weekender card but the card you get from AIB when you open an account is the Student Travel Card. It's costs €12 for one year and you get discounts on buses, train and the Luas (I think). Also acts as an official GAA ID card, get 10% off at Top Man and some other bit's. If you ask at your local train station about what you should get, I find they are normally very helpful.
    nooooooo, i believe that's from BOI, not AIB

MasterSun wrote:
    nooooooo, that's from BOI, not AIB
    Either way you can still get a Student Treval Card for €12 from most if not all colleges...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

MasterSun wrote:

I remember BOI giving them out last year alright, AIB are definitely doing it this year as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TheInvisibleFie

MasterSun wrote:
    Last year I think it was BoI but I'm pretty sure I saw it on some AIB stuff this year aswell.

Advertisement