Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Maestro Card

Options
  • 23-08-2007 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

So AIB rang me and asked did I want a Maestro card and was everything okay with their other services. I said yeah so the guy said he'd send out the Maestro card.

Since then I got a pin but no card and they canceled my current ATM card so I had no way to take money out.

Now I rang them as it was the weekend and told them I don't have the other ATM card and I never asked or was told that the first ATM card was being canceled.

She said that she would cancel the new one as it never arrived and send out yet another one with another different pin. This still hasn't arrived.

My brother said that I'd have to go into the branch to collect it but I got my last ATM card in the post. He said he had to go in to collect it when he lost his but I didn't loose mine so shouldn't they just send it out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

They "should" but if you want it, go in and collect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KilnamanaghGull

I always find I have to go into the bloody branch (your own) in order to get important things like this done. PIA but you should get both within 2-3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

My branch is in Tullamore and I work in Dublin ATM though so its impossible for me to to the branch to collect it as their opening hours make it impossible for me to make it home to get there.

I've requested a half day tomorrow to try to get home to get it. What a bloody needless pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

My Maestro card was posted out when I lost mine and there was no problem. Even if you do go into the branch tomorrow, there is no guarantee that they have the card ready and waiting to be picked up.

I'd suggest ringing the branch (late in the day but they may answer) and explain the situation. Ask them if they have the card there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Thanks, the thing is the new one was supposed to be sent out last Thursday so it should be either in my house or in the branch by now but I supposed I'll have to ring them and make sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement