Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championships

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

the one that actually got me out of my couch and on my feet was Sebrle's 71m javelin throw. I literally couldn't believe it. .

You heard about his accident in january with the javelin in South Africa when he got speared while crossing the field. Kinda funny it was the javelin that basically won him the gold.

“Suddenly there were screams. Before I could react, I was hit. I looked at my shoulder and saw a javelin stuck in it. I was in shock … If the javelin had hit me 10cm to the left, it would have punctured my lung, 20cm higher the throat, which would have been the worst case scenario. Just 1cm higher and it would have hit bone, muscle and tendon and that would have been the end of my sporting career.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

The last round of the long jump was the highlight for me, that and Alison Felix in the 200m and the 4x4 relay*

*I wonder would I feel the same if she were as ugly as Tyson Gay!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

Linford wrote:
    Alison Felix in the 200m and the 4x4 relay*

*I wonder would I feel the same if she were as ugly as Tyson Gay!!!!

I received a couple of yellow cards because of my Father Jack style reactions anytime she appeared on screen. She is seriously hot, and fast. I would even go as far as saying she is up there with the fantastic Katrin Krabbe. She was also hot and fast.

Advertisement