Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

Off Marlborough St as it happens.

Google search threw this up as well, interesting (hope linking to the "other side" is ok

http://www.dublin.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4797

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭GBX

4: Derry Rd/Park/Drive in Crumlin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

4. Fingal St near Dolphins Barn ??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

GBX wrote: »
    4: Derry Rd/Park/Drive in Crumlin?
    Afraid not.

Boardsbud wrote: »
    4. Fingal St near Dolphins Barn ??
    Spot on Boardsbud. ;) Fingal Street which runs parallel with Cork Street near the Coombe Hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,416 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Finished?

Victor wrote: »
    Finished?
    No - 2 and 7 remain.

2-49.jpg

7-13.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Waterford street ran more or less between what is now apartments and a multi-storey car park, through Larkin Community College's astroturf pitch and on into what is now Champions Avenue.

No. 7. Rathdown Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

i know exactly where no 2 is, dont have a clue of the name tho! didnt even think it had one. will have to check it out at lunch time.
    better not be guessed by then:D

spurious wrote: »
    Waterford street ran more or less between what is now apartments and a multi-storey car park, through Larkin Community College's astroturf pitch and on into what is now Champions Avenue.
    Thanks for that.
    spurious wrote:
    No. 7. Rathdown Road.
    No but you're in the right area. ;)
    i know exactly where no 2 is, dont have a clue of the name tho! didnt even think it had one. will have to check it out at lunch time.
    better not be guessed by then:D
    There's no nameplate on it Dick but if you tell me where it is I might be tempted to give it to you.

• Advertisement

Lads/ladies - I have to tip down to Cork and I won't get back until this evening. If anyone else wants to post pics in the meantime, I'll get back to those outstanding two later. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

taken from grand canal street. the gasworks pub of the grand canal hotel is the maroon on the right of the picture.
    around the corner to the right is the back of the hotel and the steps up straight ahead are a right of way to those apartments me thinks!

Do i get it?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Yeh Dick Turnip, your right. Only seen these pics now, i missed Wish's nightly ambush yet again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Jeez ! it's been busy here this week... I think number seven might be "Fingal Place" looking onto Prussia St.....

Here's a quick one while we wait for "Rubber Duck":) to roll back up from Cork..
    2284534084_a42249a00f_o.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Jeez ! it's been busy here this week... I think number seven might be "Fingal Place" looking onto Prussia St.....

Here's a quick one while we wait for "Rubber Duck":) to roll back up from Cork..
    2284534084_a42249a00f_o.jpg

Donnybrook Bus station?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Yeah, I was beside the Spar on Longboat quay, more accurately known as Hanover quay.

Maybe "Blood stoney Road " is a brand new road running parrallell to , and between Forbes St and Benson St.. methinks a field trip is in order..

Anyway your turn Gurramok, what have you got for us ?
    where you standing with your back to harry crosbie's gaff if you were i worked on the tower crane that built thoses appartments.....fond memories of at site:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Spot on Boardsbud. ;) Fingal Street which runs parallel with Cork Street near the Coombe Hospital.

Fingal is a county.:confused::confused: I was going to guess that last night, but felt it was out of content with the rest.

And Wishbone I never heard of Meath Square, although I'll be down around the Coombe on Saturday and I'll take a detour down by Gray St.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't know if anyone got it but no.2 looks like the side of the Gasworks pub on Grand Canal street.

Donnybrook Bus station?

Well done Des !!

2283722953_2529e5337b_m.jpg

taken from grand canal street. the gasworks pub of the grand canal hotel is the maroon on the right of the picture.
    around the corner to the right is the back of the hotel and the steps up straight ahead are a right of way to those apartments me thinks!

Do i get it?! ;)
    Spot on Dick. That's very impressive given the obscurity of the shot. :). It's Leitrim Place off Grand Canal Street Upper (opposite the Barrow street junction).

GrandCanalStreetUpperLeitrimPlace.jpg

Just this one left folks:

7-13.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Here's a few quickies:
    1 (Name the Street or building)
    DPG025.jpg
    DPG026.jpg
    3 (Street will do, dont know the name of this building!)
    DPG023.jpg
    DPG022.jpg
    5 (This one is on a corner, so either street will do)
    DPG021.jpg

Rats!
    Either you got in just before me or my browser is acting up again!!!
    We'll do yours first of course

No 4 Foley St

@Wishbone...is your no 7 Fingal Pl ?

Jeez ! it's been busy here this week... I think number seven might be "Fingal Place" looking onto Prussia St....
    Oops - sorry didn't spot you answer when posting last. :o

You're spot on - Fingal Place. Well done! :)

No. 3 is Talbot Street. (It's part of the Dept of Education I think).

Is no. 5 the corner of Abbey Street and O'Connell Street Lower?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

No. 2 is Essex St West.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

No. 1 is Wynn's Hotel on Abbey Street.

No. 1 the GPO from Henry street?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

No. 2 is Essex St West.
    The Cultivate Centre is the building.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement