Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I'll upload one or 2 this evening. :)

As promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm stumped! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

rathfarnham main street?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

The flag makes me think of the environs of Croke park, so I'll throw in a guess here - Fitzgibbon Street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I'm thinking it's the building beside St. Andrews church on Pearse Street...

boneless wrote:
    I'm thinking it's the building beside St. Andrews church on Pearse Street...
    Is that church not on Westland Row?

Is that church not on Westland Row?

That's the Roman Catholic church. The one on Pearse St. was a C of I one but is now a community resource centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

boneless wrote:
    That's the Roman Catholic church. The one on Pearse St. was a C of I one but is now a community resource centre.

To the best of my knowledge, being a local, that was never a church. It was a school though.

Anto McC wrote:
    To the best of my knowledge, being a local, that was never a church. It was a school though.

It was a church, hence the graves in the grounds... are you thinking of the red brick building on the right as you head from town? The church is on the left, under the railway bridge... I think Pavee Point had their HQ there at some stage, maybe they still have,

• Advertisement

boneless wrote:
    It was a church, hence the graves in the grounds... are you thinking of the red brick building on the right as you head from town? The church is on the left, under the railway bridge... I think Pavee Point had their HQ there at some stage, maybe they still have,

Ah i get you know, yeah i thought you were talking about what is now St Andrews Resource centre. The one you are talking about was a Church, it's still is actually. It's a Born Again church and it's called St Marks not St Andrews and the building beside it is not the building in the picture.

^^ Mea Culpa... You are right; St. Marks it is!! It was me getting the names mixed up!! :) Thanks for the reminder...

deswalsh wrote:
    The flag makes me think of the environs of Croke park, so I'll throw in a guess here - Fitzgibbon Street

It's North Inner City alright so I guess to that extent you're not a million miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭dclifford

Bendibus, Is it in Sean McDermott street? The Simon Community centre, it was a trade union hall.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

dclifford wrote:
    Bendibus, Is it in Sean McDermott street? The Simon Community centre, it was a trade union hall.

Spot on dclifford!

Well done dclifford! You're next.

I'd love to put a few pictures up myself but i don't even own a camera. I might get a lend of my Da's tomorrow and go walkabout.

Just to keep the thread warm!

1-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

(Which LUAS stop)

2-1.jpg

Third one is the Luas stop at James' Hospital, i know the second for sure but can't place it at the moment but it will come to me eventually. Is the first one in Trinity College?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

lol think the guy in the dressing gown gives the bottom picture away. Although wheter it is St. James or Tallaght Hospital I do not know.

Middle one is Herbert street I think, Looks familiar.

Top one I havn't a notion but looksamazing, very unusual.
    Nice work wishbone.

• Advertisement

Anto McC wrote:
    Third one is the Luas stop at James' Hospital
    That was quick - well done (I left the girl in the dressing gown as a clue!)

Anto McC wrote:
    i know the second for sure but can't place it at the moment but it will come to me eventually.
    It's not a million miles from you. ;)
    Anto McC wrote:
    Is the first one in Trinity College?
    No. (but I expected that to be the first guess! :D)

Middle one is Herbert street I think, Looks familiar
    Jesus, well done Goddess!!!

Thats it alright, i knew i knew it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Herbert street it is, at least according to the website of the estate agents selling it!

No. (but I expected that to be the first guess! :D)

Is it too early to ask you to specify north or south side?

It's a great photo and i think i recognize it.

deswalsh wrote:
    Herbert street it is, at least according to the website of the estate agents selling it!
    9 minutes too late Des! :D
    Anto McC wrote:
    Is it too early to ask you to specify north or south side?
    Southside.

Southside.

Is it in Dublin Castle?

Anto McC wrote:
    Is it in Dublin Castle?
    No.

Is it out Marlay Park way?

• Advertisement

deswalsh wrote:
    Is it out Marlay Park way?
    No (city).

(Apologies for delays in replying - I'm posting pics in the Classic Car Forum at the same time!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement