Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

deswalsh wrote: »
    anyone know what the redbrick building is used for?
    It used to be a CERT catering or training centre or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,418 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The 19th century brick building was the parcels sorting office attached to the train station (I think letters went to Sheriff Street). I think it is now an office building.

The 1990s building is the CERT / Failte Ireland building.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

8 is correct. Decrepid looking building on clanbrassil Street - probably an old community centre or scouts den or something. Gavin might know what it is.

For as long as I can remember it's been closed, but according to my Dad he thinks it's an old scouts den as you said thats been closed for years. I'll try find out though as you've got me interested now.:D

It used to be a CERT catering or training centre or something like that.
    Victor wrote: »
    The 1990s building is the CERT / Failte Ireland building.
    I used to get the train a lot about 15 years ago and I was sure the red brick building had a CERT sign on the roof! .... but I will bow to your superior knowledge Victor. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Obviously not to me, and I've been down that street so many time! I've only really started looking around me properly since this thread started.

Plan is to turn the hospital into serviced offices and apartments with a leisure centre or restaurants

• Advertisement

Just to confirm Des, is this one still to be identified?

DPG051-1.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Yup, No.7 remains. Its southside and quite central.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Is no 7 St Andrew's Lane?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Igy wrote: »
    Is no 7 St Andrew's Lane?

No sorry, try again!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Protestant row?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

If memory serves, those railings to the left are not for keeping people out as much as they are for keeping little peole in.... I think that's a school..... hmmmm. :confused:

humberklog wrote: »
    Protestant row?

Doesn't look like it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Doesn't look like it.
    Yeah I know...it's my 'default' answer. I do think it's off Aungier st. near the DIT or even running alongside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Is it Bow Lane or Longford Lane?

Protestant row?
    Yeah I know...it's my 'default' answer. I do think it's off Aungier st. near the DIT or even running alongside it.
    GBX wrote: »
    Is it Bow Lane or Longford Lane?

No to all of the above I'm afraid.

Church Lane South?

Church Lane South?

No. Nearer the Liffey........

No. Nearer the Liffey........
    Last guess - Copper Alley?

Last guess - Copper Alley?

'fraid not Wishbone - since it looks like there's only you and I playing this game anyway, I might as well spill the beans - its Bedford Lane.

Knew I recongised it. Just off Temple Bar/Fleet St?

Who's next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

'fraid not Wishbone - since it looks like there's only you and I playing this game anyway, I might as well spill the beans - its Bedford Lane.

I was playing, but that alley had me stumped. I was certain the railings to the left were part of a school that I'd seen somewhere. That threw me right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

I'm not guessing, but I'm learning stuff. I love the thread and I appreciate the work you and others are putting into it.

Rashers wrote: »
    I was playing, but that alley had me stumped. I was certain the railings to the left were part of a school that I'd seen somewhere. That threw me right off.

I must have passed Bedford lane a thousand times and not paid attention to it never mind notice it had a name!
    gogglebok wrote: »
    I'm not guessing, but I'm learning stuff. I love the thread and I appreciate the work you and others are putting into it.

Cheers, I used to think I knew Dublin until I started looking here!

its Bedford Lane.
    I must have passed Bedford lane a thousand times and not paid attention to it never mind notice it had a name!

This is embarassing! I've got a picture of Bedford Lane and I think I've posted it before! :o:o:o (Taken from Aston Quay last year.)

BedfordLane.jpg

Your Saturday night selection.

1-64.jpg

2-58.jpg

3-59.jpg

4-54.jpg

5-53.jpg

6-22.jpg

7-22.jpg

8. (I'll accept two different answers for this pic as the nameplate differs from that given in the Ornance Survey Street Guide).

8-22.jpg

9-23.jpg

10-22.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

1-lillies on grafton st?
    3-drumcondra-clonliffe area?
    9-kilmainham?

long shots!

1 Leinster Market
    3 John dillon St