Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

7 haymarket?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

I thought 7 was May Lane but the whole place has been bulldozed. It's red cow lane off smithfield, nth king st. and the pub is the cobblestone I think. Sure wasn't me mammy born and bred on nth king st.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Spot on Victor - Lamb Alley it is. (Mother Redcaps Market was on the left of the pic. :)
    The broken windows gave it away. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

giddyup wrote: »
    I thought 7 was May Lane but the whole place has been bulldozed. It's red cow lane off smithfield, nth king st. and the pub is the cobblestone I think. Sure wasn't me mammy born and bred on nth king st.

Yup you are right - just walked by it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

giddyup wrote: »
    Yes it's Red Cow Lane. Well done. :)

(Was that pub called Mulligans at one time?)

• Advertisement

Two to go.

1-69.jpg

4-59.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Hmm. I only know Barrow Street walking from Grand Canal Street to the Dart and vice versa. Could be the other end of it for #1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭DjDangerousDave

No. 1 Southside Docklands area? like behind pearse street?

No. 1 Southside Docklands area?
    That has already been established! (See post 4561).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I think its that street next to Grand Canal Sq, the next one up from Macken st in an easterly direction, not sure of name though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bertie Bassett

Is 4 Sean O' Casey Avenue, in Summerhill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭DjDangerousDave

gurramok wrote: »
    I think its that street next to Grand Canal Sq, the next one up from Macken st in an easterly direction, not sure of name though!

I think that is very close. Im driving down there to pick up a friend later. Ill have it by this evening if that is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

No 4. Pig Lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Is 1 part of the Longboat Quay scheme (either side of the road)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Number 1 is the street between Cardiff Lane and Forbes St, looking West to Cardiff Lane, as far as i know.
    I can't think of what the street is called though!

[edit]Jdivision appears to be correct, but again, i can't remember the name of the street[/edit]

Rashers wrote: »
    No 4. Pig Lane?
    Indeed it is - the one and only Pig Lane (off Summer Place/off Sean O'Casey avenue/off Great Charles Street). Well done :) but credit to Bertie Bassett for narrowing it down.

Indeed it is - the one and only Pig Lane (off Summer Place/off Sean O'Casey avenue/off Great Charles Street). Well done :) but credit to Bertie Bassett for narrowing it down.

Full credit to Bertie. It was after he mentioned Sean O'Casey Ave that I recognised that I worked for a time in that building to the right, which at that time was a sewing factory.

I remember seeing pigs being shot in that lane because of an outbreak of some disease. Yes pigs really were kept in styes in the lane. The smell!

The girl who's now my wife lived there too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I think that is very close. Im driving down there to pick up a friend later. Ill have it by this evening if that is wrong.

It may be 2 streets up from Macken instead of one. Think the first one is Forbes st so maybe the one after it(shouldn't be Benson st)
    Look at the chimney on pic, thats the furthest east within grand canal square.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

i was basing it on the crane, which I believe to be on Cardiff lane, but it's been a while since i was down there, so i dunno.

Igy wrote: »
    i was basing it on the crane, which I believe to be on Cardiff lane, but it's been a while since i was down there, so i dunno.
    Just to clarify - the pic was taken over 6 months ago. I know the name of the actual area in the pic (from it's street name plate) but it is not listed in any map/street guide yet and it's not in Google Earth but it does have a very agricultural/farming name.

(I also featured that pic before and I think someone got it although it wasn't part of a 'theme').

• Advertisement

jdivision wrote: »
    Is 1 part of the Longboat Quay scheme (either side of the road)?
    This is the closest answer yet without actually getting it!

I'll give you a clue - "Balinasloe". ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

This is the closest answer yet without actually getting it!

I'll give you a clue - "Balinasloe". ;)

Horse market square.... lol... random quess...

flynnc8 wrote: »

or Nag Alley. :D

Closest guess yet! :pac:

ha ha no way... the suspense is killing me....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Well if it's Ballinasloe it's surely horse fair something or other

jdivision wrote: »
    Well if it's Ballinasloe it's surely horse fair something or other
    BINGO :D

Credit to the others for narrowing it down! :)

Horse Fair - the open area between Longboat Quay Apartments North and South. I don't know what street/road it's off as there is no nameplate but it's between Asgard Road and Benson Street.

HorseFairNameplate.jpg

HorseFairWide.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

we want more !

ha ha i was thinking horse fair was too obvious... but how and ever...:rolleyes:

anymore wish.. ???

• Advertisement

anymore wish.. ???
    Hundreds! :D

But i'm going away for about 3 weeks tomorrow so I'll give someone else a chance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement