Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Stargal wrote: »
    1 = the gate on Kildare Street which lets large vehicles in to the Dáil? Think it leads to the 1932 annexe of Leinster House?
    Victor wrote: »
    1. Leinster Place gate to Government Buildings (originally Leinster Lane)
    DOH! Kildare, not Leinster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

No-one guessed mine yet? :eek:

It's in D15 across the road from a newish housing estate. Anyone any closer to guessing? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

gurramok wrote: »
    No-one guessed mine yet? :eek:

It's in D15 across the road from a newish housing estate. Anyone any closer to guessing? :)

Is it just of the new Ongar distributor Road, near the junction with the road that comes up from Porters Gate/

No :(

Your about maybe 2 miles away. It's in Blanchardstown.

Ahem, you mean it isn't in the city! :)

Is the other one Thomas Street? There are some weird narrow buildings up there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

No :(

It's one of the old units in Blanchardstown Hospital near where they built the new houses and that park coming in the back entrance from near the National Aquatic Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

latenia wrote: »

1. It's a gate to government buildings alright but not on that side

It's the rear entrance to Leinster House from Kildare Street just past the bus stops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

cpstears wrote: »

1. It's a gate to government buildings alright but not on that side

It's the rear entrance to Leinster House from Kildare Street just past the bus stops.

Correct but already answered. Here's a pic showing a bit more of the last one:

2709490267_cde95b582c.jpg?v=0

cpstears wrote: »
    It's one of the old units in Blanchardstown Hospital near where they built the new houses and that park coming in the back entrance from near the National Aquatic Centre.

Precisely.

Beside Waterville housing estate if anyone is intrigued by its architecture :D

Ok, seems no-one has any to post up. Here's 4 from my ramblings last week, all northside.
    Should be familiar!

DSCN0559.jpg

DSCN0564.jpg

DSCN0565.jpg

DSCN0591.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

3. The first lock beyond Cross Guns Bridge. That building used to be a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

4. The Broadstone building (um, that may not be its official name...) which looks out onto Western Way on one side and Broadstone on the other.

Yeh both right. Not sure of names of buildings myself but they are in the locations as described.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

First one is opposite the Cemetary, towerview cottages is to the left of you and the houses in front are the old people's houses, not sure what the name of the actual estate but I know if you were further down to your right, the houses you see is called Claremont Lawns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

These ones are too close to my home :P
    3 and 4 were already guessed:

1 is Finglas Road, looking across the green space in front of Glasnevin Cemetary towards Claremont Lawn and the council houses there
    2 is St Teresa's Road, connecting Botanic Road to Botanic Square at the back of the cemetary

All correct. What are the chances of someone on boards living around there :)

What are the chances of someone on boards living around there :)

I was born within an asses roar of that lock and learned to swim at the next lock down. :D

No fair, I guessed the first pic first :(

It's very close to my house aswell, I mean VERY. You nearly got my house in that picture :eek:

Yeah they're all close enough to my house as well but I wasn't sure enough of the ones near the cemetery. Sounds like there's a lot more boardsies living in the area than I imagined. Spooky...

Up the Glassys!

• Advertisement

Yes you did get the the first one right Donegalgirl28, a whopping minute before Igy!

Note to self, never say a bad word about the area as i'll be a marked man on boards :D

Any takers for the last of my ones?

Whoop! Now I can feel like I've accomplished something. LOL

There's nothing bad to say about the area anyways so theres no chance of that happening! :P

Any takers for the last of my ones?

South Anne Street? Dublin 2?

South Anne Street? Dublin 2?

At last!! And it took a Donegaller to get it eventually!!

LOL! I actually just googled "m.deegan shop" and then got a result that was an image in flickr so under it it said South Anne Street, Dublin 2

:P

LOL! I actually just googled "m.deegan shop" and then got a result that was an image in flickr so under it it said South Anne Street, Dublin 2

Lol! That's us Glasnevinites, sharper than your average boardsie:)

Stargal wrote: »
    Lol! That's us Glasnevinites, sharper than your average boardsie:)
    Then we get stabbed. :pac:

Should be a bannable offence IMO.

• Advertisement

LOL! I actually just googled "m.deegan shop"

You googled it? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement