Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

South Anne Street? Dublin 2?
    I would never have got that. It looks a bit run down for South Anne Street!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

To be fair, the pic had been up for ten days and no-one had got it so in this case I think the googling was justified. And I wouldn't have guessed South Anne St either - guessing it's down by the Dawson Street end where the buildings are/were being fixed up?

Anyway, onwards!

Back in action! :D

Here's a few to keep you going while I'm in the pub!

1-70.jpg

2-64.jpg

3-65.jpg

4-60.jpg

5-59.jpg

6-28.jpg

7-28.jpg

8-28.jpg

9-28.jpg

10-27.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

2 is Sth Anne St
    8 Bath Ave Place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

1. hardwick Street

3. Off South William Street the little turn leading to the Green shopping centre

4. the Ivy House on NCR

8. Off Pearse Street

Most are guesses... i want answers... lol... Great to have Wish Back, thread will be alive again... wahoo

• Advertisement

3 Harry St/Balfe St?
    5 Wicklow St
    6 North Great Georges St??

... and welcome back. Good hol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

3 Harry St
    5 Wicklow St
    6 North Georges St

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

I know it's already guessed (and right too) but No3.... I remember when it was the old Weights & Measures office, next door to Mc Daid's in Harry St.:)

tricky D wrote: »
    2 is Sth Anne St
    8 Bath Ave Place
    No and no I'm afraid!
    flynnc8 wrote: »
    1. hardwick Street
    That's seriously impressive! :)
    flynnc8 wrote:
    3. Off South William Street the little turn leading to the Green shopping centre
    See below!
    flynnc8 wrote:
    4. the Ivy House on NCR
    Not Ivy House but NCR is correct!
    flynnc8 wrote:
    8. Off Pearse Street
    Impressive again but name of street!
    flynnc8 wrote:
    Most are guesses...
    Impressive guessing!
    3 Harry St/Balfe St?
    Spot on! :) (I presume I must have been on the steps of the Westbury taking that pic - I don't remember taking it).
    tricky D wrote:
    5 Wicklow St
    Well done! :)
    6 North Great Georges St??
    Well done! :) How on earth did you know that?

GeorgesStreetNorthGreatHSEWide.jpg
    latenia wrote: »
    3 Harry St
    5 Wicklow St
    6 North Georges St
    Done already X 3 I'm afraid!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

8 Mark St.
    10 Kapp & Peterson tobacco shop (Grafton st IIRC)

EDIT: I seem to recall from my murky past that Kapp and Peterson originally had their shop on the north side of O'Connell bridge, at Bachelors walk, so that plaque could possibly be from there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

is 7 around Benburb St?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Yeh, i'd second Dataisgod answer there.
    I hadn't a clue when looking at it first but knew i had seen it somewhere and its amazing when some one says the street and an 'ah yeah' come to your mind :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

2. Duke st.
    9. Jesus spinning Hula-Hoops on each hand (the concentration on's face!) on Pleasant St.?
    Excellent recall on KP Des.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That's seriously impressive! :)
    I had it as well - I just never expected there to be tourist accommodation there. :)
    Well done! :) How on earth did you know that?
    I have the same photo and I was going to put it up. :(

How on earth did you know that?

Went to school up the road, used to stalk the Loretto girls, slope of street is right, lived around there for 10 years, remember when they put in the disabled access and the fact that strangely it was only 2 storeys at front - take your pick, they're all right.

That Canada Life one is tough, it's almost the exact same as the Grafton Buildings one.

deswalsh wrote: »
    8 Mark St.
    Spot on . :)
    deswalsh wrote:
    10 Kapp & Peterson tobacco shop (Grafton st IIRC)

EDIT: I seem to recall from my murky past that Kapp and Peterson originally had their shop on the north side of O'Connell bridge, at Bachelors walk, so that plaque could possibly be from there?
    Well done des - Elvery's Sports Shop on Lower O'Connell Street. The Kapp and Peterson sign is still on the roof.

OConnellStreetLowerElverys.jpg

(I must have taken that pic before the Lisbon referendum - posters visible)
    Dataisgod wrote: »
    is 7 around Benburb St?
    Well done :) (LUAS user?)
    humberklog wrote: »
    2. Duke st.
    9. Jesus spinning Hula-Hoops on each hand (the concentration on's face!) on Pleasant St.?
    No and no Humberklog!
    .That Canada Life one is tough, it's almost the exact same as the Grafton Buildings one.
    :eek: :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Canada Life - Dame Street? You've used it before.

Victor wrote: »
    Canada Life - Dame Street?
    No.

Victor wrote:
    You've used it before.
    I don't think so!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Well done :) (LUAS user?)

Nah from Stoneybatter. The brickwork looked familiar also the corner building looks like the butchers there. iirc he refused to sell up when all the apartments where being built around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Number 4 is on the NCR near O'Connell School/North Richmond Street.
    I think it's a Union HQ of some sort.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Number 4 is on the NCR near O'Connell School/North Richmond Street.
    Already identified as NCR by flynnc8 in post #4686. ;)
    spurious wrote:
    I think it's a Union HQ of some sort.
    It's Maple House - a homeless shelter AFAIK. (There is a trade union HQ nearby).

Here's a wider shot - Croke Park can be seen behind.

NCRMapleHouse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Well done des - Elvery's Sports Shop on Lower O'Connell Street. The Kapp and Peterson sign is still on the roof.

As is the street sign... ;)

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    As is the street sign... ;)
    You must be new to this game!

That picture was posted to confirm a much smaller image which was a portion of that larger picture. The larger picture which included the street name was posted to confirm that 'deswalsh' has correctly identified the origin of the 'KP' . ;)

10-27.jpg

Two to go!

2-64.jpg

9-28.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

how do I remember this crap when I cant remember what my wife said to me an hour ago? :confused:

I cant remember what my wife said to me an hour ago? :confused:
    "Des, have you nothing better to be doing than spending hours on that bloody computer?" ;):D

9,000th post :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

That Canada Life one has been posted a few times I think. I think its on Dame Street above Eddie Rockets?

Wishbone, I think No. 2 was in here before, but instead of the canada life sign, the 'Champion Spark Plugs' sign above it was shown!! Sadly I cant recall where it is though.

"Des, have you nothing better to be doing than spending hours on that bloody computer?" ;):D

9,000th post :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jesus, you sound just like her.!

Conga Rats on the 9000th post. Have YOU nothing better to do.......
    GBX wrote: »
    That Canada Life one has been posted a few times I think. I think its on Dame Street above Eddie Rockets?

Typed faster than me!

• Advertisement

Wishbone, I think No. 2 was in here before, but instead of the canada life sign, the 'Champion Spark Plugs' sign above it was shown!! Sadly I cant recall where it is though.
    Yes, I recall Champion Spark Plugs post and I immediately thought of that pic when I read Victor's post about me posting 'The Canada Life' before. I think the 'Champion' one was in one of the streets off Grafton Street (South Anne Street?).
    GBX wrote: »
    No - that's 'SEIKO'. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement