Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

south side , pretty central...

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

Baggot St?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I'm thinking Baggot St too, the school just after the BOI building as you head towards the Canal?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Victor wrote: »
    Might it be the Bridewell Garda Station.

Bridewell's on the Northside.

• Advertisement

Oops. How about Dublin Castle, by the garden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Is it the American College (can't think of the proper name) where Oscar Wilde lived, opposite the corner of Merrion Square where his statue is?

No , its in D8 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

portabello

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Thomas Street

• Advertisement

heres a bit more..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Heuston station?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Is it Dr stephens' hospital?

You know that brass nun , outside that school is about 7ft + tall.. always cant help thinking when I pass her/it , that when they make a "ghostbusters movie" here, that she will come alive as a mega evil ninja nun..

and , no , not near Heuston Station..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It reminds me of the old Adelaide Hospital on Peter Street? - (now the embassy of Croatia)

are ye stumped??

trying to think of a clue.. well its a corner.. visable in the pick, but its not just a corner, its a Dublin corner ... , ie one of those place names that is "whatsitsname corner", not to many of them..

bealbocht wrote: »
    one of those place names that is "whatsitsname corner", not to many of them..
    Please translate - I haven't a clue what you mean! :)

Please translate - I haven't a clue what you mean! :)

Like Leonards Corner... Doyles Corner.... I think.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Rashers wrote: »
    Like Leonards Corner... Doyles Corner.... I think.:confused:

Actually was going to say Leonards Corner opposite XtraVision, I'll confirm tomorrow.;)

Rashers wrote: »
    Leonards Corner
    It is. I'd so demolish that building if I could. The buses have serious problems getting around that corner.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=swntmrgg9cbm&style=b&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=29507583&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

• Advertisement

That's always been a problem corner for big vehicles. I have an old photo somewhere of trams having problems negotiating that corner... seems no one learned anything.:mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the issue with the corner is that it is more than 90 degrees, not sure what could be 'learned' from that, other than not routing buses around the corner or CPO on the building to demolish. Personally I'd be against that.

copacetic wrote: »
    the issue with the corner is that it is more than 90 degrees,
    Less than 90 degrees? (as 90 degrees is a standard right angle).

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Less than 90 degrees? (as 90 degrees is a standard right angle).

:) yep sorry, meaning that a bus has more than 270 to travel to get around it

yup , leonards corner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭iwincosimcool

iwincosimcool, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You may be trying to post in a restricted forum such as Soccer, or one of the many private forums on boards.ie.
    For clarification, check our Help Desk forum.
    You may be banned from this forum if you contravened an element of the forum charter.
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

iwincosimcool, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You may be trying to post in a restricted forum such as Soccer, or one of the many private forums on boards.ie.
    For clarification, check our Help Desk forum.
    You may be banned from this forum if you contravened an element of the forum charter.
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    :confused:

I've dug deep and come up with these. I hope I haven't posted any before. Good luck!

1-75.jpg

2-69.jpg

3.(This pic is almost a year old and probably has a structure there now!)

3-70.jpg

4-65.jpg

5-63.jpg

6-31.jpg

7-31.jpg

8-31.jpg

9-31.jpg

10-30.jpg

1. Oliver St. John Gogarty Pub, Temple Bar.
    2. Brown Thomas, on Wicklow Street.
    3. The buildings in the back look like Bridge Street.
    4. Bewleys, Grafton Street.
    9. College Green - I think I saw that recently.

• Advertisement

1. Oliver St. John Gogarty Pub, Temple Bar.
    2. Brown Thomas, on Wicklow Street.
    4. Bewleys, Grafton Street.
    No, no and no Victor! :eek: :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement