Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

That's not on Leeson Street is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

jdivision wrote: »
    That's not on Leeson Street is it?
    Very much in Dublin 8!

I know nothing about it (apart from where it is obviously). I tried 'googling' the quote but came up with nothing. There's nothing around it to indicate it's significance. It also quite discrete even though it near a major junction.

Here's a wider image showing that it's not part of a larger creation.

(I'm surprised Gavin Shels doesn't know this! Maybe he's out on his bike scouring D8 for it. :pac:))

CIMG5105.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Although I can't recall exactly where it is but I thought it was another Mannix Flynn installation.

Bride street?

humberklog wrote: »
    Bride street?
    It wouldn't be a million miles away! ;)

• Advertisement

Here's another wider image with two puzzled Japanese tourists (who saw me taking the close-up and went to investigate).

33-4.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Is that the Iveagh Buildings?
    Patrick Street/nicholas st area, possibly at ross Rd.

deswalsh wrote: »
    Patrick Street/nicholas st area, possibly at ross Rd.
    We have a winner! Well done Des. :D

It's on Ross Road near the junction with Nicolas Street.

RossRoadPlaqueWide.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Aaaaah that's where.

Good photo...I'm pretty sure I know the guy in wheelchair too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

lol., now that was a tough one.,:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Would have got that from the wider image.
    Gavin, when you're there, will you clarify something for me. The hairdressers in no. 6 - is it on Richmond Street South or the little street that branches off from Richmond Street proper (Richmond Villas?).

Was actually down that neck of the woods tonight in Bernard Shaws, its South Richmond St, just before Richmond Villas.;) It's the little road that connects Harcourt St to Sth Richmond St, but afaik it's defo still Sth Ricmond St.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

We have a winner! Well done Des. :D

It's on Ross Road near the junction with Nicolas Street.

I think I posted a similar plaque from the same buildings a couple of pages back!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Gavin, when you're there, will you clarify something for me. The hairdressers in no. 6 - is it on Richmond Street South or the little street that branches off from Richmond Street proper (Richmond Villas?).
    AFAIK, and I've studied the matter. South Richmond Street has 3 ends, like Store Street, only worse.

Victor wrote: »
    AFAIK, and I've studied the matter. South Richmond Street has 3 ends, like Store Street, only worse.

And your name is Gavin since when.:pac:

Ye there's 3 ends as you said Victor, one up at Portobello Bridge (La Touche Bridge), then one onto Harcourt Rd (this is where your picture was taken Wish) and then another at the junction of Upper Camden St, Harrington St and Harcourt Rd.

but afaik it's defo still Sth Ricmond St.
    Thanks gavin. :)
    Victor wrote: »
    has 3 ends, like Store Street, only worse.
    Yes, Store Street is weird alright. Was it like that prior to the construction of Busaras?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Any pics

Any pics

Have two on my phone I'll throw them up now. And Wish you'll be happy to know they're both taken during the day.:D

a.jpg

b.jpg

There are two names I'll accept for No.2.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

#1 Sunlight Chambers on Parliement St

kwalshe wrote: »
    #1 Sunlight Chambers on Parliement St

Spot on, it's actually taken on the Essex Quay side though.:pac:

• Advertisement

2. Just off mary's abbey forget the bloody name of it has a strange name though something about penny's or something

2. Just off mary's abbey forget the bloody name of it has a strange name though something about penny's or something

I thought that would have been harder. Meeting House Lane is the name of it.

Well that's my two gone.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

#2 meeting House Lane maybe?

Dunno where i got penny's from. . . I'll take some tomorro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

Haven't played in ages... just have one for you all... lets see how long it lasts... x x x

584738173a8681133586l.jpg

Is it on one of the Quays on the Southside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

Is it on one of the Quays on the Southside?

Nope, not on Southside

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

its the old sweats place down past the neptune bar/flowing tide..ehh on dat street sorta near busaras :o

flynnc8 wrote: »
    Nope, not on Southside

O'Connell St. up the top on near the Bridge maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Its Eden quay

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement