Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'll leave it up till later after I have scanned the picture of it in it's day. Wanna see if Rashers or Victor or maybe Wishbone know it.:D
    A Credit Union I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

A Credit Union I think.

Indeed it was. It was the 3rd premises that Donore Ave Credit Union (the founding Credit Union) was housed, not sure of the extact year but I'd guess around the late 60's.

Can't scan the old picture of it up as my mam gave her aunt the centenary book which they brought out last year. Must get a hold of it and scan up the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Any pics lads?

Just two pictures to keep the thread going.:D

11.jpg

Image010.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

1: The Wooden Building on Exchange St Upper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

No.2 looks like the Nth Strand area, but I know Gav is strictly a Grand rather than a Royal man. (canal that is. :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Harolds+

Unfortunately it is somewhere on the Southside as yer man Daithe was running near me.

I'm gonna say Donnybrook village next to Marian Gale's Boutique. They are all knackers around there

Noses up; knickers down

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Harolds+

Sorry folks, wrong spy

:o

cast_iron wrote: »
    1: The Wooden Building on Exchange St Upper

Bingo.;)
    Rashers wrote: »
    No.2 looks like the Nth Strand area, but I know Gav is strictly a Grand rather than a Royal man. (canal that is. :) )

:D Once the LoI season kicks off, I'll be on the north-side nearly every week and take a few pictures just for you.;) Failing that, after the Leaving I'll go on a cycle or drive. ;)

Harolds+ wrote: »
    Unfortunately it is somewhere on the Southside as yer man Daithe was running near me.

I'm gonna say Donnybrook village next to Marian Gale's Boutique. They are all knackers around there

Noses up; knickers down

:D

:confused: Anyway no. The picture isn't actually to far from Harolds Cross.;)

Anyone for No.2, it's Dublin 8 and it's not to far from the canal.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bertie Bassett

When I saw No.2 first I thought it was on St. Vincents St. West in Inchicore - opposite the entrance to the graveyard at St.Michaels Estate, but then I had my doubts, so I didn't suggest it. But that's in Dublin 8 and near the canal so now I'm thinkin it may be St. Vincents St. West?

When I saw No.2 first I thought it was on St. Vincents St. West in Inchicore - opposite the entrance to the graveyard at St.Michaels Estate, but then I had my doubts, so I didn't suggest it. But that's in Dublin 8 and near the canal so now I'm thinkin it may be St. Vincents St. West?

'fraid not.

Hint: There's a school on this road.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Bingo.;)

:D Once the LoI season kicks off, I'll be on the north-side nearly every week and take a few pictures just for you.;) Failing that, after the Leaving I'll go on a cycle or drive. ;)

:confused: Anyway no. The picture isn't actually to far from Harolds Cross.;)
    Hmmm is it near scoil Iosagain

Well I haven't a clue where that school is so I'll say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

11.jpg

I see you managed to capture Sonic the Hedgehog in your picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Exit wrote: »
    I see you managed to capture Sonic the Hedgehog in your picture.

Good man Exit ... Youve spawned a good thread here!

It's my mates arm, Exit.:D

Anyone for No.2, it's on a road in Dublin 8 with a very well known school on it. The school name is the same as the road.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

It's my mates arm, Exit.:D

Anyone for No.2, it's on a road in Dublin 8 with a very well known school on it. The school name is the same as the road.;)

The infamous synge street

The infamous synge street

Bingo. That took longer than expected to go.

It's on the second part of Synge St, not the side with the school, it's on the second part across the SCR.

Dont have any photos i took myself, but i found this online that probably isnt too difficult. Sorry about the size but the resolution is pretty good

dublin-reflection_~0963771.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It's that god awful building on City Q. with Ulster bank branch in the front. Hideous, odius eyesore.

humberklog wrote: »
    It's that god awful building on City Q. with Ulster bank branch in the front. Hideous, odius eyesore.

Aye thats it, well technically i think its George's Quay. The huge tall buildings behind it look quite good. I suppose theres worse in the vicinity though, Hawkins and Apollo House come to mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

but i found this online
    :eek:

Exit wouldn't be impressed! :)
    Exit wrote: »
    You have to take the picture yourself (basically, don't take from websites)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Tut tut tut... Shameful behaviour so it is :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

picture.php?albumid=382&pictureid=2079

just the one, I had from before. Does not look to bad, but is kinda blurry on closer inspection.
    Like all the others .. easy when you know them, annoying when you know you have seen it, but cant remember where.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JimmyO

Is that St Michaels Terrace in Blackpitts?

bealbocht wrote: »
    picture.php?albumid=382&pictureid=2079

just the one, I had from before. Does not look to bad, but is kinda blurry on closer inspection.
    Like all the others .. easy when you know them, annoying when you know you have seen it, but cant remember where.

Near the canal portabello area?

It isn't Pimlico, picture taken for the small cul-de-sac next to the Pimlico Tavern?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

sorry, for the late reply, was out all day..

no , no and no..

But it is D8, probably closer to Pimlico than Portobello, but it is not Pimlico

• Advertisement

Near Meath st?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement