Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

closer to Pimlico than meath st

dont know if i made it clear, but it is from the last batch of photos I posted.
    If you look at them you should be able to pin point an area.
    (the same group with the Lyllymore terrace pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

bealbocht wrote: »
    closer to Pimlico than meath st

dont know if i made it clear, but it is from the last batch of photos I posted.
    If you look at them you should be able to pin point an area.
    (the same group with the Lyllymore terrace pic)

Donore Ave down near the end as it meets with Cork St/Dolphin Barn St?

much much closer, almost there .. but no

much much closer, almost there .. but no

I know it's one of the roads around St.Teresa's Gardens, so it has to be one of these: South Brown St, Donore Tce, Eugene St, Maxwell St, Cameron St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Darley's Terrace :D With the little lane beside it onto Donore Avenure. Ive seen a few of those "sexy statues" in the windows of those houses

• Advertisement

sillymoo wrote: »
    Darley's Terrace :D With the little lane beside it onto Donore Avenure. Ive seen a few of those "sexy statues" in the windows of those houses

Darley's Terrace

Thats the one, backs on to Donor Ave .. at the Cork st end.

Darley's Terrace

Thats the one, backs on to Donor Ave .. at the Cork st end.

:D

Took this one on Halloween last year, because they had lit a bonfire here on this corner, for the last few years, but for some reason they did not last time. I suspect it was something to do with the flower pots. For somereason they did not want to set fire to them, but didnt think to just move them out of the way

Who knows ??

picture.php?albumid=382&pictureid=2091

will try and get out of D8 next time I am taking photos..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Clarence Mangan Road?

(checks map.... )

no

• Advertisement

Its where that little painted roundabout is on O'Donovan road? Where O'Donovan road intersects with St Thomas road, Ingram Road and Gilbert Road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Took this one on Halloween last year, because they had lit a bonfire here on this corner, for the last few years, but for some reason they did not last time. I suspect it was something to do with the flower pots. For somereason they did not want to set fire to them, but didnt think to just move them out of the way

Who knows ??

picture.php?albumid=382&pictureid=2091

will try and get out of D8 next time I am taking photos..
    Thats Warrenmount school

Who knows ??

I do!:D Our bonfire has always been there (well for the 18 years of my life). Nothing to do with the flower pots tbh, was just because me and my mates were the last "batch" of lads in the area to collect for the bonfire and we retired last year. There's a group of lads (my brother and his mates) but well they don't have the bottle to collect nor the numbers after our nice conflict with a group from St.Teresa's Gardens last year.:cool:
    Its where that little painted roundabout is on O'Donovan road? Where O'Donovan road intersects with St Thomas road, Ingram Road and Gilbert Road

I'll answer it for bealbocht, yes it is where you saying.:D Roundabout there is the most pointless thing in the world.:pac:
    HouseHippo wrote: »
    Thats Warrenmount school

No it's Scoil Teresa Naofa.;)

I'll answer it for bealbocht, yes it is where you saying.:D Roundabout there is the most pointless thing in the world.

God yea that roundabout is fecking useless!!!! Why its there is beyond me :)

I did not see the bonfire there this year either, saw it for years previously. They had a couch there in front of the bonfire maybe 2 years previously with a few lads sitting on it in the warmth. Was that you Gavin? :D

God yea that roundabout is fecking useless!!!! Why its there is beyond me :)

I did not see the bonfire there this year either, saw it for years previously. They had a couch there in front of the bonfire maybe 2 years previously with a few lads sitting on it in the warmth. Was that you Gavin? :D

Roundabout was put there when they expanded the path area (where the bonfire used to be) as part of some "trying to stop people using The Tenters as a rat route".

That's cause there wasn't a bonfire this year as I explained above.:pac:

You mean couches, I would have been there somewhere alright, aw the oul days of under-age drinking.:cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

aw the oul days of under-age drinking.:cool:

Gavin didn't you turn 18 about 6month ago!?

Any news on Tenters opening up? Bored of The Headline already.

I do!:D Our bonfire has always been there (well for the 18 years of my life). Nothing to do with the flower pots tbh, was just because me and my mates were the last "batch" of lads in the area to collect for the bonfire and we retired last year. There's a group of lads (my brother and his mates) but well they don't have the bottle to collect nor the numbers after our nice conflict with a group from St.Teresa's Gardens last year.:cool:.;)

Thats a shame, it has to be the most crazy place to have a bonfire that I ever seen. I liked it !! Maybe next year. Whats Dublin coming to when young lads wont set fire to things on Halloween. (but I see your point)

"I'll answer it for bealbocht, yes it is where you saying.:D Roundabout there is the most pointless thing in the world.:pac:"

Fair enough Gavin. Correct and educational.
    Pretty daft roundabout all right. Must be very confusing for foreigners/etc who might actually try and use it as a roundabout, and not just drive straight over it.

humberklog wrote: »

Bit off topic, but why was the headline closed for months. My sister has "a theory", but would like to get a second opinon. Rarely drink there, just being nosey

Bit off topic, but why was the headline closed for months. My sister has "a theory", but would like to get a second opinon. Rarely drink there, just being nosey

And I also see they are really pushing the food at the moment? There have boards out with special offers on dinner etc. Maybe im just noticing this now?

humberklog wrote: »

Well 3 months, but we're talking about 2 years ago.:D Not sure haven't heard anything yet and as of now there hasn't been a digger, bulider, etc... on the site at the back of it in months.
    Thats a shame, it has to be the most crazy place to have a bonfire that I ever seen. I liked it !! Maybe next year. Whats Dublin coming to when young lads wont set fire to things on Halloween. (but I see your point)

Doubt there will be ever a bonfire in the area again tbh. It's not like we had anywhere else to put it aswell.;)

Supposely not paying their taxes (had to say supposely as it's a public forum but my mam works in Revenue and checked it up as rumours were flying around here), and it only re-opened because the previous owner (before the tax avoiding one) took it back over.;)
    And I also see they are really pushing the food at the moment? There have boards out with special offers on dinner etc. Maybe im just noticing this now?

They've been serving food for as long as I can remember, just seem to be pushing it more especially with competitor from Leonards Corner pub across the road.

• Advertisement

Just two pictures I took on Saturday, they ain't the best as I took them from a car and on my phone, but you'll be happy to know they aren't Dublin 8 nor Dublin 2 for a change.:D

a-1.jpg

j-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

2. Appian Way - I don't know the name of the building.

Victor wrote: »
    2. Appian Way - I don't know the name of the building.

Nope, your miles off, about 2 to be more precise.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

2. Is that Beaver Row next to Donnybrook rugby stadium

Zatman wrote: »
    2. Is that Beaver Row next to Donnybrook rugby stadium

'fraid not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Is 2 the flats opposite the Bottle Tower pub in Churchtown?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Is 1 in Tallaght, I'm pritty sure I saw it around that area, near the square afaik

Nick

latenia wrote: »
    Is 2 the flats opposite the Bottle Tower pub in Churchtown?

Spot on, Nutgrove Ave. Can't find the name of the flats though, they were called Narity Gardens or something along them lines.
    yoyo wrote: »
    Is 1 in Tallaght, I'm pritty sure I saw it around that area, near the square afaik

Nick

Yup, Tallaght By-Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

A mixed bag here folks selected at random. Apologies if any have been done before! :)

1-90.jpg

2-84.jpg

3-85.jpg

4-80.jpg

5-78.jpg

6-48.jpg

7-46.jpg

8-47.jpg

9-45.jpg

10-43.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman