Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

4 is the National Museum on Kildare st
    5 is on the corner of Mountjoy St / St Mary's Place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Yes :) (although the pic is actually on Corporation Street but same building). Did you Google it?? ;)

No, I was actually at an exhibition there..................................................

Lies, I googled :o

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

5 Looks like part of Champions Avenue?

8. Look like sheds for steam trains.... an old part of Connolly Station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭sagat

For years I lived right around the corner on Stamer Street and never once ventured into The Gigs Place or The Manhattan for that matter. Very sad that I didn't I'm assuming they are both still open for business?

RichmondStreetSouthShops.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Never seen The Gigs Place open, and I'd be up that neck of the woods on the weekend. Where's The Manhattan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Never seen The Gigs Place open, and I'd be up that neck of the woods on the weekend.

It has a website thats about 2 years old so its hard to tell if its still open. According to the site it does food from midight to 6am. The place doesnt look run down anyway

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Gigs place is still doing good business but The Manhattan has been closed a while now. I guess their peculiar entry policy finally caught up on them.

Gav The Manhattan was a late night cafe on Harcourt St. Beside where Subway is now. The building and signage are still there as the premises has just been left as was.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the manhattan even made an appearance on the thread back in 07..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54176264&postcount=531

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

8 is the back of the CHQ building on Custom House Quay. Is it called Exchange Place?
    Afraid not.
    Rashers wrote: »
    3 is next door to the post office in Parnell Street facing the bottom of Nth Gt George's Street. (The building used to be King's boot and shoe shop)
    Yes. :) (Above the Post Office).

ParnellStreet020209.jpg
    Ste.phen wrote: »
    4 is the National Museum on Kildare st
    I'll give it to you - it's on the other side between Leinster House and the National Library. :)

KildareStreetLeinsterHseDetail.jpg
    Ste.phen wrote:
    5 is on the corner of Mountjoy St / St Mary's Place
    That's very impressive! :)

StMarysPlaceNorthMountjoyStreet0202.jpg
    Rashers wrote: »
    8. Look like sheds for steam trains.... an old part of Connolly Station?
    Afraid not Rashers.
    Where's The Manhattan?
    Gavin - I'm astounded!! One of Dublin's most famous eateries and near your neck of the woods!!! Tut, tut.
    humberklog wrote: »
    Gav The Manhattan was a late night cafe on Harcourt St
    Harcourt Road! ;)

HarcourtRoadManhattan-2.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Gavin - I'm astounded!! One of Dublin's most famous eateries and near your neck of the woods!!! Tut, tut.

Tut, tut indeed Wish, a couple of years back you were in the same boat!!:P
    Excuse my ignorance lads but where would one find 'The Manhattan'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

8 reminds me of a car park around the Tara st. area?

copacetic wrote: »
    Tut, tut indeed Wish, a couple of years back you were in the same boat!!:P
    Indeed I was!! Well spotted (but don't tell Gavin!) :D

cast_iron wrote: »
    8 reminds me of a car park around the Tara st. area?
    Not Tara Street but it is in that area of Dublin 2.

Two to go.

8-49.jpg

9-47.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Found No.8 but I cheated so I won't spoil it. Be interesting though, very secluded vantage point!

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    Found No.8 but I cheated
    Now I'm puzzled! How did you cheat? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Edited: Just off Ely place for No. 8?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wicklowboy78

thats a quality photo,,love it. is it the junction in kilmainham that crosses the inchicore road,,,,,from van driver tryin to watch the road....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

My first thought on number 8 was that it was IFSC Stack A, but evidently not.
    I'm currently thinking somewhere in the Guinness complex?

is that when heading from canal dock dart to amiens st....

• Advertisement

hey exit as ther is so many replys can u confirm an adress 4 those of us trying to follow the threaD,,, CLASSIC start to a game that could go on 4eve,,, how about numbering the pics.....just an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Is no. 8 part of the fish market?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Is 8 in Broadstone/Phibsborough Road. It looks like those apartments/townhouses etc on the other side of the road so I'm thinking it's in by the bus depot?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I'm guessing using Live Maps as the quality of them is good and you mentioned it is in the D2 area ;)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

humberklog wrote: »

Gav The Manhattan was a late night cafe on Harcourt St. Beside where Subway is now. The building and signage are still there as the premises has just been left as was.

Ah ye I always see that "The Manhattan" place, never knew what it was tbh.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

yoyo wrote: »
    I'm guessing using Live Maps as the quality of them is good and you mentioned it is in the D2 area ;)

Nick

Yep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Ah ye I always see that "The Manhattan" place, never knew what it was tbh.:rolleyes:

It was a well known haunt of prositutes and that was where i first met Jacinta :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

My guess for number 8 would be the studios on Barrow Street

Gaspode wrote: »
    Edited: Just off Ely place for No. 8?
    No.
    thats a quality photo,,love it. is it the junction in kilmainham that crosses the inchicore road,,,,,from van driver tryin to watch the road....
    No, but which pic?
    Ste.phen wrote: »
    My first thought on number 8 was that it was IFSC Stack A, but evidently not.
    I'm currently thinking somewhere in the Guinness complex?
    No, (as has been said, it's in Dublin 2).
    is that when heading from canal dock dart to amiens st....
    No, but which pic?
    hey exit as ther is so many replys can u confirm an adress 4 those of us trying to follow the threaD,,, CLASSIC start to a game that could go on 4eve,,, how about numbering the pics.....just an idea
    :confused:
    joolsveer wrote: »
    Is no. 8 part of the fish market?
    No (Dublin 2).
    jdivision wrote: »
    Is 8 in Broadstone/Phibsborough Road. It looks like those apartments/townhouses etc on the other side of the road so I'm thinking it's in by the bus depot?
    No (Dublin 2).
    Anto McC wrote: »
    My guess for number 8 would be the studios on Barrow Street
    No (Dublin 2).

• Advertisement

:confused: The thread has been going since July 2007!

And re numbering pics - they are numbered but your replies don't indicate which pic you are referring to! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement