Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ideo wrote: »
    It's not Drury Street is it?
    Victor wrote: »
    I believe it is
    It is indeed. Drury buildings. Well done Ideo! :D

Here's the unedited pic.

DruryBuildings.jpg

BendiBus wrote: »
    Well, if we're going to be pedantic ( ;) ), then I should point out that Ardee St & The Coombe aren't in between anymore. The Coombe Relief Road takes you directly from the picture to Cork St
    My apologies :o. You are correct. I still have a mental image of the route via Ardee Street and The Coombe. I'd totally forgotten about St luke's Avenue (Coombe relief Road). I don't be around there much. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

anybody got any!!

anybody got any!!
    I wouldn't like to see you stuck Carroller16! Here's 5 to keep you going. :D

(I don't want to hogging this thread though! :eek:)

Eyes down!

1-25.jpg

2-20.jpg

3-19.jpg

4-15.jpg

5-15.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

I think i recognise 2.
    tough ones though is 4. Bull Alley St.

ps wishbone we love it when you hog the thread

• Advertisement

4. Bull Alley St.
    That was quick - well done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

3. Whitefriar St Church (as it's known - the picture is taken on Aungier St.)

Is 2 Sam Stephensons hideous bunkers on Wood Quay?

Oh, and someone remind me to bring my camera into town tomorrow! :D

3. Whitefriar St Church (as it's known - the picture is taken on Aungier St.)
    Yes, well done. (I think it's Carmelite something?)
    Bendibus wrote:
    Is 2 Sam Stephensons hideous bunkers on Wood Quay?
    Go again! ;)

someone remind me to bring my camera into town tomorrow! :D
    Bring your camera into town tomorrow! :D

Go again! ;)

Sam Stephenson's badly placed Central Bank? Any time I see concrete slabs I think of him!

5. Summerhill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I know number 1. Ive passed by it many a time when my mam worked on a bakery in Stephens St.

Sam Stephenson's badly placed Central Bank? Any time I see concrete slabs I think of him!
    Yup! :D

CentralBank3.jpg

BendiBus wrote:
    5. Summerhill?
    Well done Bendi!
    I know number 1. Ive passed by it many a time when my mam worked on a bakery in Stephens St.
    Relax delta - you have it. It Stephen's Street. Well done. :D

Those 5 went quickly lads - fair play - yous know your stuff.

OK - who's next?

Phew, :), How do you get the opportunity to take so many photos wishbone? theyre great

Yup! :D

I feel like an architecture expert now that I've recognised someones work purely by their style :D

I guess its time i contribute

1442029182a6051138620los3.jpg

Phew, :), How do you get the opportunity to take so many photos wishbone? theyre great
    I don't as I work about 70/80 hours per week average and I only manage to get around Dublin about once a month and then I always take a few snaps.

I tend to notice something different and, particularly when in standing traffic, I'm always looking at buildings and their features etc. I would definitely notice more than the average person and I try to picture buildings that are in some way unique. I particularly like derelict buildings/streets and am always conscious that these buildings will soon be gone.

I went down Sherrif Street lately and was shocked at the change. The last time I was there was in the mid 80s and it was a no go area. I particularly like Dublin 8 and took 150 pics there recently! :o

My wife considers me a total anorack :eek: as I enjoy nothing more that strolling through back streets while she is shopping.

I guess its time i contribute

1442029182a6051138620los3.jpg
    Henrietta Street?

Henrietta Street?

Nope, way off

Nope, way off
    :eek: ....I was thinking "Georgian doorways, semi derelict/poorly maintained etc. so the first street that came into my head was Henrietta Street!

............Back to the drawing board. :D

• Advertisement

I don't think it's Merrion Square, Fitxwilliam Square, Baggot Street, North Great Georges Street, St Stephens Green etc. as those tend to be well maintained.

I wonder if it's Mountjoy square (although I was 'way off' with Henrietta Street so it may be south of the Liffey).

Then again, perhaps it's North Circular Road - plenty of sloppy Georgian buildings there!

Any clues?

I don't think it's Merrion Square, Fitxwilliam Square, Baggot Street, North Great Georges Street, St Stephens Green etc. as those tend to be well maintained.

I wonder if it's Mountjoy square (although I was 'way off' with Henrietta Street so it may be south of the Liffey).

Then again, perhaps it's North Circular Road - plenty of sloppy Georgian buildings there!

Any clues?

Dont want to give too much away. It is southside and those 2 houses stick out like a sore thumb in the place.

Dont want to give too much away. It is southside and those 2 houses stick out like a sore thumb in the place.
    Hume Street? (off St Stephen's Green).

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

lesson street?

Hume Street? (off St Stephen's Green).

No, it is not located in an obscure/unknown street btw

copacetic wrote: »
    lesson street?

:) Got it! Its Upper Leeson Street

:) Got it! Its Upper Leeson Street

cool, and thanks for not pointing out the spelling. It's a nice pic and often wondered why they have never been done up a bit or sold on.

I have nothing as usual, should really start contributing more..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

My contribution of new(for a change:D) dublin for today, should be an easy one, just name the road or giant roundabout :)

DSCN0052__.jpg

will do better and name the company!

Synopsys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Damn u and took only 2 minutes! :D
    I really need to get into town to take some snaps, thats the downside of not working in city centre! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement